PLEASE HELP ME, EXCAL 1000 DOESN'T SOUND ON DETECTION

Jul 30, 2016
ITALY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE250, Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher F2, Fisher F5, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Garrett 550, Minelab Excalibur, AKA Sorex Pro, Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi to all and thanks for reading my message

I need help to solve my problem on my Excalibur 1000.
It works good since some months ago. From the videos you can see, I tried using a normal 13volt power supply to rule out a battery problem. So no battery problem. At fist my problem came and go away. It does not detect anything, only the threshold sound is heard and I can increase by the knob. Generally I use Sensitivity Auto, Volume Half, Discrimination 0:

and now now the problem is continuous. No detection sound at all

when I approach my hand at the box of the excalibur it seems that it sounds, like a wire from the coil that reaches the box was detached

What to do? in your opinion the problem due to a cable coming from the detached plate to be soldered again?

Is it easy to open my excalibur? can I easily find the two heat-shrinking plastics at the ends of the box tube?

Many thanks for any suggestion to help my Excal problem.

Best

Pat

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect you have a bad potentiometer or a bad etching on the motherboard. Look at the belly of the detector, are there any water droplets or condensation on the inside of the pod.

OP
OP
patrizioitalian
Jul 30, 2016
ITALY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE250, Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher F2, Fisher F5, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Garrett 550, Minelab Excalibur, AKA Sorex Pro, Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I suspect you have a bad potentiometer or a bad etching on the motherboard. Look at the belly of the detector, are there any water droplets or condensation on the inside of the pod.

I saw the belly of the detector but I don't see a lot from outside, it seems ok, maybe I have to open it and pull out the motherboard to see better.
I suspect a bad potenziometer. In this case, could I found somewhere or are difficult to find? I have some experience on soldering.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread