Help with Minelab Equinox 15” coil repair

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Hi all, as fate would have it I broke my 15” coil wire connector. I was out in the woods a few weeks ago digging a target. My detector was beside me on a stump. As I dug with my shovel I lost my balance and stepped on my coil wire where it screws onto the control box. It completely pulled out all the pins in the connector on the coil wire. Luckily I had my stock coil to finish off the day as the control box was not compromised.

I emailed minelab America’s and after a week they told me I could send in the coil and the control box for inspection and repair. I emailed again asking if they could give me an idea of price so I can decide if I should purchase a new coil. I have not heard back from them.

Has anyone here had any luck with repairs via minelab? Maybe there’s a dealer who could put a new connector on my coil wire? Thank you for any help you may have.

Attachments

• 2EC741C1-896E-4B33-A4FB-E51C7AB1A83D.jpeg
    2EC741C1-896E-4B33-A4FB-E51C7AB1A83D.jpeg
    971.9 KB · Views: 88

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Youre not likely to find anyone who will repair that. I dont think anyone even knows the wire/pin layout if they could find the correct end. Lastly becomes the issue of it no longer being water proof/resistant. If you send it in to minelabs repair facility, they are just going to send you a new coil. Regardless of that they charge for coils, it mosts very little money to actually make them. The human hourly rate to a repair job would probably exceed the retail cost of the coil.

The coil / detector didnt fail a result of minelab so dont hold your breath for a free warranty replacement.

mascard1

Oct 28, 2008
SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Ctx 3030...E-TRAC...EXPLORER SE...EXCALIBER II...TEJON...ELDORADO..LOBO ST...F75LTD...F70...CZ3D...XLT...T2...MXT Pro.. 1861 HALF DOLLAR
I bet they would fix it free ....If you sent it in!
Put it in a box ..with your info..and send it in..and see what happens .....I would!

OP
OP
Ed-NH

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Thank you guys. I agree with what you say and I know it is not a warranty repair as it was my fault. I’ll send everything in and hope for a reasonable price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions