At pro giving false signals without me digging...

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My MD'ers false once in a while. It could be me bumping the coil on the ground or maybe picking up my pinpointer or something else. I wouldn't worry too much about it, you'll get used to it. When you get a signal that repeats after passing your coil over it a few times, it's probably a target.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What sensitivity are you running? If you have sensitivity really high try turning it down a little. Have you tried "pro mode"? It will give you more info than your bell tone standard mode. If it sounds all over the place in pro mode your sensitivity is too high. Also, are you ground balancing every time you hunt? Gotta do it. From your video it appears that you are walking too fast and not covering the ground that well, you need to overlap each swing a tiny bit to not miss targets. ATP is a fairly advanced machine and does take some learning, have you watched all the Garrett instruction videos? Many users will say learning in pro mode is better than learning standard mode and having to re-learn in pro mode even if it is harder to learn. Have you tried laying some coins and other objects on the ground to see what your machine does when going over them? Another good thing for a new user to do. I also cannot see the end of your swings in the video, many machines will false at the end of a swing if the coil becomes tilted or no longer parallel to the ground. Like Cal says many machines false, a good signal is one that is repeatable back and forth and from another angle.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Captain2407! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

tn_metal_detector.gif
2nd - If you don't find a solution - you might consider posting your question on BRANDS > GARRETT > GARRETT AT PRO for more exposure...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread