Fisher F2-false signals, no signals...

Ghondi

Jun 26, 2007
Coventry, CT
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Bought it not even two days ago...first detector, so maybe its just me...

I went out and found a quarter in a field after a few false signals...

It rained before hand..poured...but then stopped and was sunny...I let the ground dry for an hour or so...

I went to a beach tonight and got nothing but false signals...nothing above 3"...but I dug them all anyways...
The sand was wet...so I'm not sure if it was that..

I even buried a nickel 2.5" down...I knew where it was, and I ran the detector over it for 10 minutes...NO signal...
I then reached in the sand and pulled it out with my hand...thats how dead on I was with using the detector right over the area...

Does it sound broken to you? ??? or like it needs something or is it just the wet conditions...
I hope its not the wet conditions...it rains all the time around here... :'(

Thank you anyone who can help me.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

I have an F2, the only time I get falsing is when the sensitivity is set too high. This will be even worse at the beach, do you remember where you had it set at?
Glenn

nudels

Jun 21, 2008
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Vantage AD-14, Tesoro Sand Shark
A lot of detectors have issues with wet salty sand, unless they were specifically built to deal with that. Even then, only believe that they do it well after the MD community tries them out and verifies they actually do as they claim.

BigBeefy

Jan 19, 2010
Knoxvegas, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a similar issue.
Without the coil plugged in, I receive a signal. When I swing the detector, with coil unplugged, I get a signal. Is this normal?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread