To All Treasure Hunters - Our Legal Rights are at Risk! WE NEED YOUR HELP!

finders

Greenie
Sep 17, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites Surf Master, Minelab GP Extreme,Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites Gold Master V-Sat
It's amazing how we lived without the internet not many years ago! Imagine trying to make people aware of this issue without it. I hope all treasure hunters in the US are responding to this post of yours... I sent in my concerns in regards to this issue... Being Canadian it might not matter but a voice is a voice.

Best,
Chris Turner

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SEAHUNTER,
Ok, I went ahead and paid for the yearly newswire plan that allows the sendind of an unlimited number of PRs for 365 days. I still had my old newswire online from Emailwire, just didn't have any active PR program, because I'd canceled it.

I logged on to my newswire and it still doesn't show the PR program yet. I was hoping to submit a PR tonight online, might have to wait until tomorrow...may try sending anyway to find out whether it will submit the PR. I always liked putting out PRs on Sunday night, because Monday morning Emailwire gets tons of traffic, at that time when you include photos... it doesn't want to submit, unless you send without a photo. Never had a problem during evenings.

If you don't have this kind of PR plan, then Major Mass Media Distribution -- $339/Release/Industry , it costs this for just one press release of 375 words, $99 each additional 100 words.

So, let us not waste time, only a few days yet. Once I get going would be nice to have additional PRs and every evening upload one until the Florida hearing. I think I'll have to start Monday, for today is Sunday and there probably isn't anyone working right now at Emailwire.

A PR of any salvage contractor for the Fisher shipwreck sites, send a photo...press releases I think may have 2 photos now. Tell about your salvage operation and how good, beneficial it is for the recovery of artifacts or whatever.

mamabear2

Jun 26, 2008
billinstuart said:
The state nazis are simply overstepping their bounds. Floridas submerged lands are owned by the state "for the use and enjoyment" of the public. They are now infringing on these rights. While it's admirable to try to protect our archeological heritage, mother nature isn't complying. Left alone, these shipwrecks will disappear forever. The state has neither the manpower or resources to properly care for them. The same for items over 50 years old lying around.

I wrote to the state website. I'm also gonna visit our local state congressman personally. Don't hesitate to seek out your local state representative..input to the board directly from an elected official in high office wields alot of weight.

Bill

I agree as well. Just like the Titanic. In 50 years it will be totally gone.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted several comments! HH and good luck, Mike

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I to put my 2 cents worth in ,enough of the corrupt government as im sure we are all sick of the way all of our constitutional rights and human rights are starting to be a thing of the past .Remember its WE THE PEOPLE !!!!!!! This is what I wrote to to florida .

I personally feel along with many others ,in the U.S.A that there is to much government intervention in this country already and that is leading to the fall of this great nation ,tax paying citizens should have the right to metal detect on all beaches and to salvage old ship wrecks without giving to the government and going by government rules and laws . This great country as I remembe starts as WE THE PEOPLE not we the government and the more ridiculous laws that are created the more citizens are loosing respect for the already corrupt government . Just becuase someone wants to study atrifacts and make a living out of it by using tax payers money to salvage artifacts shouldnt mean that legal citizens should loose there rights to enjoy slavage and metal detecting . Its not right and unfair .

Ben Smith

Aug 16, 2008
Warrensburg,Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent comment as above! Have a good day! I also sent one to each of Florida's Senator's, expressing my opinion of the proposed changes. (in good taste mind you)
Ben

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR,

This new change on the florida rule for us shipwreck guys may not affect you now,but later on down the road if they win this round it will affect you later on.SWR just put yourself in our shoes if you owned a lease with the state or worked with a company that did.Would you want the average coin shooter/metal detecting enthusiast going into the water to detect on your lease to find and keep your treasure that you paid out thousands of dollars in permits and lawyers fees to keep?If we all dont stick together on this new rule change.The florida states next rule could be banning treasure hunting all together for land and water where there are no current leases.If you let the government control your rights now,they will do it forever.

When the government fears the people.That is liberty.

bennym

Apr 13, 2008
Gardner, Ma.
Detector(s) used
American Hawks Explorer HP 1016 & Harbor Freight pin pointer
I am not from your state, and I haven't dove in over 40 years, however I sent along the statement as requested.
My feeling is that they'll start here... push this through.... then before you know they'll be trying to push something through, and so on and so on.... that's the way they work.....

Let's face it.... governments basically suck.... they are out to control every movement you make and everything you may want to do.... all they want is your money.. your land.... and for you to smile and do whatever they tell you........

IF the people didn't fight the government there wouldn't even be a United States........

And if my Native Ancesters were't so damn nice to the first people to arrive.... everyone would be able to enjoy the land as they please.... :thumbsup:

So it's back to fighting the government ! :icon_pirat:

blacksambellamy

Jun 4, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
JW fishers pulse 8x
They think they are protecting shipwrecks by passing theses laws. The fact is these laws just causes looting because nobody will report their finds. Its impossible to police all of the wrecks little by little they will all be plundered.

I know i can speak for just about everyone here when i say this.

If you were diving and came across treasure you would not report it. The facts are by reporting it everyone comes out of the woodwork to make a claim including the State where it was found and possibly other countries. Reporting it would only get you tangled up in legal Proceedings for years and make you broke.

Tthese are the facts and i know people who have found treasure on the Florida coast, most of them hoard it while others melt it down. But they all agree if the State had a law in effect rewarding people for there finds 100% of them would have turned the treasure in.

2Old

Tenderfoot
Apr 3, 2008
[W]Colorado Springs (S)Vallecito Lake, CO
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I also sent a message.

Attachments

• cane2.gif
    cane2.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 2,564

Top Member Reactions