Looking to borrow a hard to find book

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
I second InterLibrary Loan. You can usually get most books (unless there's only 1 or 3 copies in the entire world. But I try anyway. :wink:)
You might have to pay a small fee (library budget crunches) but if you really need the book it's worth it.

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Wow, I never heard of InterLibrary loan. I wasn't sure what you were talking about. I never knew this was possible. I will sure give it a try.

(I knew someone here would have an answer)

DL

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have the book Lynn, but won't lend it to you.

What I will do is read one page per night to you over the phone at your bedtime.

(I'd read your mmmmore pppages but iiiii stutttterrrr and it wwwwould ttttake foreverrrrr)

Consolación Diver

Apr 29, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,

I hope you dont mind, but I snagged the copy in Holland. I have been trying to obtain this book for many years. It has been on my Amazon.com wishlist for 4 years and nobody has offered one for sale. When it arrives in 24 days, If you havent found one yet you can borrow it if you want to copy some pages.

Bill

Consolación Diver

Apr 29, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense my friend,

I did wait a whole day so that you had a chance to get it and I did offer to let you borrow it. :icon_pirat:

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Here's a link for you:
https://catalog.lib.ecu.edu/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=12T920839NQ92.463&profile=joyner&uri=link=3100007~!136176~!3100001~!3100002&aspect=subtab13&menu=search&ri=1&source=~!alsdb&term=Buccaneers&index=SUBJECP#focus

Link is giving me a hard time posting here >:( It is a sight for Library Catalog, Joyner Library (Academic Library Services)

The info I found on the page:
2. The lure of Peru : maritime intrusion into the South Sea, 1598-1701 / Peter T. Bradley.
by Bradley, Peter T., 1943-
New York : St. Martin's Press, 1990.

Location Collection Call No. Copy Status Due Date
Joyner Library Joyner Stacks F3444 .B73 1989 Checked In

I got a hit on this link, but I am not a member....they publish online lots of books....just maybe, it could be available here. http://www.jstor.org/pss/156256

Hope it helps!
Annmarie

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Bill,
I did not get it because www.abebooks.com did not show a copy, Holland was not a country in the drop down box, I tried yesterday with a complete search and also this am when I saw your post. Obviously I did not do my search right. Since you had planned to let me purchase it why not ask me first?

Did you not see my post title???

Consolación Diver

Apr 29, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lynn,

Your title says "Looking to borrow a hard to find book" This I offered you. I wish that I had never mentioned that I purchased the book!

However you are in luck! Since I am such a nice guy, I spent a few hours searching for another copy and discovered one for you, and it is even cheaper than the one I purchased. It is in the UK. Here is the link:

http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?a...ion%20into%20the%20south%20sea%2C%201598-1701

If that doesn't work, go to www.bookfinder.com and type in the title: The Lure of Peru, and the author: Peter T Bradley and it should come up.

Don't wait because someone else is sure to snag it and I am not going to attempt to find you another one.

Bill

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Bill,
Thank you for the info, I have also looked all day. The one at bookfinders was not available but I did manage to find a copy.
Again, thank you for your effort

Diverlynn

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
As a side note: I found this book by apparently the same author, same subject with an electronic version for about $10 USD.

http://www.lulu.com/content/1964748

I may help, may not...

Best of luck in your quest!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread