• In the crosshairs PBello.jpg
    In the crosshairs PBello.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 289

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Gorgeous pix man !!!!! Maybe you'll stumble on some of Captain Morgan's leftover booty ;D

You're living my dream man...keep the pix coming !!!!

Pcola

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Better still, but even more unlikely, you might stumble over Drake's lead coffin. He was buried at sea in Portobello harbor in 1596.

Mariner

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse
Mariner - the Spaniards found Drakes body and fed him to the dogs... GFH

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"the Spaniards found Drakes body and fed him to the dogs"

I have heard this story banded about for a good few years, but does anyone know of any documentory evidence to support this ??

Anyone into Drake or want to look for his Coffin (if he was not feed to the dogs) may find this web site of interest.

www.indrakeswake.co.uk

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse
Kilbride was after the coffin for a while wether he made it past Saba rock or not who knows, Marx would purportedly tease him about the dog deal, could be a Marx bar story (not on his part) or could be true, I heard it from a few sources one very accurate, cannot recover the data until my vacation next month, i beleive it.
GFH

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if they found drakes body, no doubt the spanish would have fed him to the dogs --the spanish hated drake.

folks would do such symbolically hateful things back then.

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
There have been several attempts to find the coffin. I spoke to one guy who tried. He said that there was so much silt in the harbor that the chances of finding the coffin were virtually zilch.

Then a few years ago, Victor Benilous (the same guy who claims to have found the so-called emerald treasure ship off Cape Canaveral) got permission from the Panama Government to search for it and an English schoolteacher called Michael Turner tried to raise an expedition to find the coffin first and rebury Drake in Westminster Abbey, London. The British Navy was adamantly against the scheme and managed to snuff it out.

I have no doubt that the story about Spain finding the coffin is completely bogus.

Mariner

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse
Ehh I can only blame others for the info Im sticking with it, fed by Spaniards to the dogs....sorry. GFH

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
GFH

Well if you don't need evidence to support your beliefs, let me remind you that the moon is made of cheese. Somebody told me that once, so that should be enough to convince you.

Mariner

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse
ouch I hate cheese....maybe Vox could shed some light on Drakes limbs...? GFH

OP
OP
crzhors

crzhors

Oct 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse,Excaliber,Pulse8X
Well, if whole wrecksites in this area can disappear,I doubt Drakes coffin is still around, But, I did find some lead washed up on a beach near Colon :icon_pirat: JD

Attachments

• Cuistom House PBello.jpg
    Cuistom House PBello.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Fort view of PBello.jpg
    Fort view of PBello.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 129

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread