Im just curious what you guys use

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm just curious what you guys use

Pulse detectors are the choice for wreck diving.

E

elle

Tersoro Sand Shark...wouldn't step out the door without it!
Sandman...you are right what you said...and mine is a pulse detector.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Aquapulse!

Attachments

• Aquapulse finds treasure.jpg
    Aquapulse finds treasure.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 761

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

j.w.fishers pulse 8x, and my fishers 1280x aquanaut. the pulse 8x has the bulkhead fitting, I have the 48" coil, 16" coil and the standard 8" coil for it. it has been a workhorse.

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse

Started with Pulse 8x then Garret, now use Minelab in calmer conditions, if rolling around in surf i use my Aquapulse easy to hold onto not worry about the buttons being broken, Rgecy is right about the Seahnter it is good for the money and simple. Still didnt answer which is the preferred though, must be the Minelab this week. Cheers

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

RGecy said:
I am a big fan of the Garrett Sea Hunter MkII. Simple, inexpensive, descriminates and it will detect just as deep as the Aquapulse! And half the cost of an Aquapulse or Excallibur!

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/garrett/garrett-seahunter2.htm

Robert

Shhh! Love my Sea Hunter MKII. Don't tell the masses that it discriminates. They won't believe you.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

tank69, About 3 years ago a group of us field tested the Aquapulse, Minelab and Garrett on a beach in Key West. The test involved various size objects from the size of a quarter, 8 reale up to bigger objects. The Aquapulse out performed the other 2 detectors, with the Minelab coming in second. Newer models have come out since then and who knows which is better today. I prefer the Aquapulse.

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer

not one of the guys, but i am an educated man! i think Garrett Sea Hunter MkII! RGecy is right! Seahunter, you want chime in ? b

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thanks alot to everyone who responded , I'm looking for a water machine here real soon , but to me it's cool to hear what kinda machines those of you who do serious water hunting use , I myself wont be able to hunt like you guys I only have fresh water here but it gives me a little better view on water machines .thank you for everyones response Happy Hunting an thanks again Tank :icon_thumright:

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008

If I'm diving on the wrecks my choice is an "AQUA PULSE" but on the beach i like the Minelab.

If you are hunting for modern treasure and there is a lot of trash then go for the Minelab or something that discriminates because the Aqua-Pulse picks up everything DEEP! We find ceramic OJ sherd's and ballast stones 12+ inches and anything iron, forget it!

Reefdrifter

Jan 4, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark

I love my Tesoro Sand Shark!!!! You do have to dig EVERYTHING......just don't know what is down there.

Remember........Rum's the word!!!!!!!

SebastianSam

Jul 27, 2008
Fort Pierce, FL.
Detector(s) used
Lee Harding pulse

I think the original question was...........what kinds of Detector you guys that hunt ship wrecks use.

Geeeez. LOL

(I use the Aquapulse)

E

elle

SebastianSam said:
I think the original question was...........what kinds of Detector you guys that hunt ship wrecks use.

Geeeez. LOL

(I use the Aquapulse)

Dear SebastianSam:

Normally I would bite my tongue like a good girl, but I feel I need to support all those here who are not professional archaeologists or treasure hunters working daily on boats. A forum is for everyone to contribute in the effort of expanding our knowledge. Maybe some of us only dive on wrecks occasionally...some maybe never...but we are all still entitled to voice our opinions. You don't know when I get to the water and the wrecks I dive, and Reefdrifter might use his Sandshark everyday on a wreck...so please don't judge people. Even those who beach/water detect near ship wreckage should be encouraged to post their favorite water detectors.
Sorry everyone for speaking out...I just wanted to express how great it is when readers of all kinds of talent contribute here...even those who never touch water but have the same passion for maritime history.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Elle LUV: As usual a *****post.

Under water pulse detectors are used in many other places and ways than just salt water shipwrecks.

Myself, I use Garretts, simply because they work and have excellent backup

A small matter is that I have known Charles since the start of my successful search for Tayopa. He encouraged me, whereas most pointed out that I was just as crazy as a diver looking for another Atocha.

Regarding the best Au / gold detector, just get a sexy, gorgeous, broad.
Many of them have the reputation of having excellent Au /gold detecting and recovery techniques. snicker

Don Jose de La Mancha

E

elle

You are too funny my dear friend... ;D
I'm still planning on retrieving that church bell in the river with you...one June day... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Once again thank you Everyone for jumpin in here for me an tellin me a bit about what you use ,Elle your a sweet heart thank you so vary much for your thoughts an opinion ;D

HH Everyone, Tank

crzhors

Oct 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse,Excaliber,Pulse8X

Don Jose, Did you ever hear about how Mel Fisher discovered the "Emerald Detector"?
I'm sure a bunch of us here on TN will chuckle remembering this Mel story. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread