accounting for the 1715 fleet vessels by their own " offical records"

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Re: accounting for the 1715 fleet vessels by their own " offical records"

I am pretty sure I have already found the location of the Urca and the salvage/survivor camp which is of good size. Was looking at it in detail today. There is also what appears to have been a haulover area for transferring treasure or goods to another boat. It fits the description of the 1715 history too. Just one more piece of the puzzle to map until we get the whole story put back together.

itmaiden

Chagy said:
Good morning Gentleman,

John (Fisheye) Let me start by saying that I don’t believe that the Pepper park wreck is the Urca…there is many evidence to prove it and I’m sure that those who have done their homework will agree with me. How ever I’m not done with my research so my participation on this thread is limited….
How ever this is just my humble opinion…I have enjoyed this thread very much. Just got to love seeing Greg, my buddy Terry A. and my brother Tommy G. sharing information……Great work guys!!!!!

All the best,

Chagy……

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008

Here is a pretty cool map i put together that shows the land elevation detail from Mantanzas Inlet to south of West Palm Beach. The resolution will not allow the best detail but you can make out all the streams and most of the inlets and places where inlets use to be. With this map it should be easier to correlate old charts to modern locations by using the land features. Let me know if it helps....

Attachments

• FL EAST COAST copy.jpg
    FL EAST COAST copy.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 720

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

mad4wrecks said:
John: unfortunately, the anchor at the Pepper Park site is not one of the originals from that wreck. I believe Art Hartman donated that anchor to the state of Florida, which he recovered from another 1715 wreck site. And of course, all the cannons on that site are concrete replicas. ::)

Luis, it is good to hear from you again my friend and see you contributing to this board once more.

"Tommy G"

Dear Tom,

Bro, as you well know I’m always watching the boards and occasionally I throw a card on the table…We have to get together soon and finish our puzzzle... :wink: :wink:

Greg B. and Terry A. we need to get together sometime and have a few Coronas….

All the best,

Chagy…..

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008

Chagy, sounds good! Lets try and plan a THer BBQ or something. Anyone interested?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I think Aquanut is planning another Thunter get together this summer.

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Coronas.
Good.
Mmmmm. Doooohhhhh!

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

I of course plan to be there health permitting

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark

Yes Guys,
I was planning to have another get together this Spring/ Early Summer. I have not gotten further than the "put it on the table" stage. We had a pretty good turnout last year in spite of (maybe because of) the rain. I'm up for any suggestions. Last year I pretty much put up everything because I created it and wanted to make sure there were no politics involved and that anyone who was interested in Treasure Hunting and wanted to come was welcome. This year, I will only be involved if this remains so. I'll be glad to host a cookout at my house again or move it to any preferred location. For those of you that don't know, my place is in North Orlando. I really want to see every one of you! I sincerely hope my old treasure hunting partner and chef Deepsix47 will be able to help me out this year. Last year he had to bow out a couple days before the cookout because of health reasons and I had to make do... This year if he bows out for health reasons it better be because he's dead or I'll kill him!
Aquanut

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mad4wrecks said:
Was the Urca de lima the only Dutch ship in the 1715 fleet?

Ivan salis wrote; well the "dutch prize" vessel taken by Echeverz could have been dutch built maybe but it was recorded as being rather small in size --its also known by the following "titles" --La Olandesa --(the dutch) ---Olandesa -(dutch)--senor de la popa -- and -- senor san miguel

"Yoda; No, there is another."

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

the dutch were famous for making small fast boats * -- they used these quick boats to out sail the larger heavier spanish vessels.

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3

While Googling the new volcano formation(s) in the Canary Islands, Hierro, I then moved to Florida and decided to mark the coordinates, within 5o feet of where I found the Rock. 27.821367,-80.42718
I did this from memory from Amberson Beach Access.

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It would be interesting if we knew for sure what items were found where. That might help us nail down the locations, but I fear they may be lost forever.

ourhistory153

Sep 11, 2006
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Good read on this thread, has anybody here dived the Urca de Lima wreck? How deep is it? Possible to do with just a snorkle and fins? What can one see, just ballast stones?

Brandond

Dec 18, 2015
Oscoda mi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir I would love to get on board, I'm a 19 year old from the north who is ready to help/find help to discover some more of this hidden 1715 treasure!

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
brandond -- the problem is thus --the only "working" 1715 permits are those already issued ..the state of florida has not issued any "new" wreck salvage permits in forever ... so subletting the known sites is about the only game around --I sure there is still stuff to be found but it will take money , time and effort as well as a bit of luck to do it

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Brandon - this is the right place to peruse (& post). Maybe a crew is looking for deckhands. You don't have to be the one with the permit & money when you're young & looking to join in with those already in the game. If you're in Florida, keep getting the word out that you're able & willing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions