Possible SCAM artist at work with documents for sale from Pawel Nowak

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
treshuntintom has received this email from Pawel Nowak and he ask me to let some of the new members be aware that this person is known as a SCAM artist with faulty documents for sale. Just a heads up.

Hi,
I am a private archival researcher, sailor and wreck diver and I have a large collection of archival documents related to the spanish ships which sank in Florida, Bahama and Caribbean watters over the centuries. Most of the archival documents I have found in the spanish archives in Seville and Simancas. These are the old nautical charts which shows position of the shipwrecks, manifests, witnesses descriptions and other papers. If you think you could have an interest in such documentation, please directly write to my email address:
[email protected]

diverlynn

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Hopefully the Mods will leave this up this time, rather than automatically siding with the scammers.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pawel nowak doesnt limit his scams to shipwrecks as he contacted me thru gunbroker as well.

Rommel1975 wrote:
Hello FISHEYE

You received the following message from: Rommel1975 ([email protected])

At: http://forums.gunbroker.com/

Hi !

I have Luger 1916 and MP40 for sale.

I am an archivist/collector and I have some german items from WW1 and WW2 for sale. These are german medals and insignia from WW1 and WW2, some german helmets from WW1 and WW2, german daggers (SS, SA, Kriegsmarine, Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe and other) and other items from both world wars. I also have two japanese swords (katana & tanto) with blades from late XVIII century. I would like to sell them for the reasonable price. If you have an interest, please write to me directly: [email protected]

All the best,
Pawel
[email protected]
[email protected]

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Doing a search will show this is not the first time this issue has been brought up. If you must delete it due to policy I understand. Just a heads-up on a subject which has been brought up in the past. Although my search brought up the incident 30 minutes ago, that post is now gone.
So be it, not my battle

diverlynn

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
I have just today learned from another website that this is not Pawel Nowak alone, but rather a ring of scammers operating with his tactics.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diverlynn said:
Doing a search will show this is not the first time this issue has been brought up. If you must delete it due to policy I understand. Just a heads-up on a subject which has been brought up in the past. Although my search brought up the incident 30 minutes ago, that post is now gone.
So be it, not my battle

diverlynn

Jeff of PA and I just discussed this issue and this post shall stand as is. We will both keep an eye on the thread.

Thanks

Tom

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ya I just got that same email today. I haven't been to Florida in 30 years and I haven't been diving in 20 years.

I assume he (or them) are getting our names from TNet? Anyone seen posting in Shipwrecks here gets the email right? Oh well. At least I already knew what it was about due to reading these same forums in the past lol.

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
This is a "gmail" account, and gmail is frequently used for scams on Craigslist to gain email/computer access and for identity theft.
There has been a rash of problems with this on Craigslist this year. Has anyone traced the computer origins of these messages from this person ?

itmaiden

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Here's the one I received yesterday. Now he's using the Fisher's website:

At: http://www.melfisher.com/Investors/forum/

I am a private archival researcher, sailor and wreck diver and I have a large collection of archival documents related to the spanish ships which sank in Florida, Bahama and Caribbean watters over the centuries. Most of the archival documents I have found in the spanish archives in Seville and Simancas. These are the old nautical charts which shows position of the shipwrecks, manifests, witnesses descriptions and other papers. If you think you could have an interest in such documentation, please directly write to my office email address: [email protected]

Regards,
[email protected]

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
To all the new people. This guy roped me in and I lost money. I have to admit, I didn't lose as much as a friend of mine lost. He lost over $20G's on a fake wreck that Pawel had him invest in.

Batavia

Jul 29, 2006
Paris/Jakarta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old man said:
To all the new people. This guy roped me in and I lost money. I have to admit, I didn't lose as much as a friend of mine lost. He lost over $20G's on a fake wreck that Pawel had him invest in.

I received a mail from him too...

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
billinstuart said:
I got that email also, but thanks to previous postings on here, I recognized his name as a scammer.

Thanks to those who have posted about this guy!!

Bill

Which is exactly why this kind of thing SHOULD be posted as it is on all those other forums mentioned above.

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
What if he and his cronies were to receive a rash of emails from people who were "very interested".... 8)

Stan

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
How about asking the FBI investigate the guy ?

itmaiden

DiveWrecks said:
What if he and his cronies were to receive a rash of emails from people who were "very interested".... 8)

Stan

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
He lives in Poland! There is not much the FBI can do. The local authorities in his home town have even been contacted, but it is hard to prosecute for this type of crime when it crosses international boundaries.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread