Biohazard.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 472

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I dont think money is the case at all. I think there are a few bad apples who dig holes in public areas and dont cover them back up! That's the main complaint! Its kind of like banning kids riding skateboards on the sidewalk.

But a liscense is not a bad idea. At least you would have a piece of paper to show anyone who harrased you! But would the fee be worth the hassel of having a town or city official who has to maintain and issue them. Most MDist are not going to pay a huge fee.

Anyway, I have been harrased a few times down in Vero, but only by home owners who think the beach is all theirs! He couldn't understand why I was detecting up by his pool! ;D LOL! Just kidding!

Robert

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
From what I've seen in the world today it's always about doing what is right...that is...until something more profitable comes along.

Remember when they said they wouldn't put oil rigs in the gulf in case they leaked? What happened? Could it be money for political endorsements! So, it's okay to drill oil and potentially contaminate the whole gulf coast but god forbid if you want to dig a 5" hole to pull out a merc.

There are many people who have lost their property over the new eminent domain laws which were once put in place to allow railways to be constructed. Nowadays people loose their home to make room for a Walmart. Why? Money.

Believe what you want but in reality it's always about money.
Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now and chill with a beer. :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread