aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Re: Treasure Hunter's Cookout

Glen and John,
The most important thing you can bring is yourselves. After that, a chart with an "X" on it and after that, bring whatever you'd like. We'll have most of it covered.
Aquanut

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:headbang: Hey John, I found a chart with an X on it. Whatcha Think?

Attachments

• Coffin Wreck 002.jpg
    Coffin Wreck 002.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 1,191

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_pirat: Arrgh Matey, Ye really didn't think I was going to put one o'me secret ones, didja? :laughing9: Still, it is a real X on a real wreck location. The secret ones are a bit harder to get out o'me but I'll give ye me list ifin ye likes. Tis good to see that yer shining phisionomy will soon be back to joinin in the search fer me treasure. Wind's abeam today, I gotta tend ta things. Atty says, "Arrgh Wench, gets me a grog." Good thing the wife ain't be a hearin that one yet. I be a walkin the plank fer teachin the bird that one fer sure, Ya think? :laughing9:

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

That 'X" looks suspiciously like a 1733 wrecksite. LOL

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

::) I'll email you some sites to go over while you're cripped-up. I have many 1733 sites and many, many others around the Keys and even some others around Florida and up north. I'll send a list and some more off my charts. I dove a lot of them and some are very nice and some are interesting. Crosscheck some with your information. When you are back on your foot, reference to Pegleg, we will get together and go HUNTING!! Enjoy!

I have hauled our dink out and am doing some repairs on it. As soon as I am done I am heading up north to Panama City, Pensacola and then to my house in Fountain. Ya knows anyone looking fer a north Florida home? I have to pick the wife up, visit the daughters and try to get rid of our mobile. Then I'll take a day or two to do some MDing and fishing/cruising with the dink. We will stop by on our way back to Fort Myers. you won't believe the damage to the dink. I got up under a 35 foot boat when I was pulling him off the rock shoreline during a storm. Some of the guys in the marina saw me out there and were calling my recovery efforts a "brave" thing to do. I call it stupid! I should have waited for some help but the boat was into the rocks and I figured waiting would get the guy's boat sunk. He offered to help with the cost of repairs to our dink but then left the area with his boat. Like they say, No good deed goes unpunished.

Well, hope you enjoy looking through the shipwreck sites. I have some of the names but many are either unidentified or mainly ballast or coral encrusted mounds of unidentified whatever.

See Ya next week Gimpy,

Attachments

• San Jose 012.jpg
    San Jose 012.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,147
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Whitefeather,
It seems there is always a certain level of stupidity that goes along with bravery.
Aquanut

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Heres a list of the 1733 wrecks and GPS cords.

Attachments

• 1733wreckgpscords.jpg
    1733wreckgpscords.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,121

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:tongue3: Stupid is as stupid does, I suppose. :laughing9:

Fisheye, I'll cross reference those with mine. Just looking I would say several are very close if not right on top of mine. What's that? I could have sworn I heard somebody say "Finder's keepers" or something like that. Of course we all know that they are just for looking at. I do, however, like lookin'. I look at pretty women, mountains, pretty women, sunsets, sunrises, pretty boats, cannons, lost gold, (but don't touch) and did I mention pretty women? (but don't touch!)

John, I have both main engines just purring like kittens. Big, lion sized, deep growling, mean-arsed kitties with attitude! 427 bad kitties! Going to be interesting when I head out of the river in a couple of weeks. I have rebuilt the forward stateroom head and am working on the main salon head next. I'm still having trouble with the main generator but I got a small 5.5 KW genset that I have for a backup. It sure does seem a lot bigger when you have to paint the bottom.

I was heading up to the Chesapeake but may spend a few weeks blowing bubbles down the Keys. I have to get my tanks hydroed and check out my gear. It has been dormant for about a year and a half. Maybe you will be up to the trip by the time I am ready to get out of here. I have a site in mind that we spoke about to visit along the way. Maybe a few of us can get together for a look around. This monster is just as stable as a house 90% of the time. Another 9% it is a bit bouncy. The other 1% you wouldn't want to be here. At 39 tons the boat can handle it, most people can't. But, if you spread that out over a couple of years it is a long way in between 1%er's. We've been aboard for a year and a half and the bird has only been knocked off her perch twice. that was from idiot mega-yachters running by with no reguard for anyone but themselves. Hey, we even have a 5 burner grill topside. I can keep up with 10 very hungry hamburger, hotdog and rib eater's. I want to build a 5 gallon deep fryer for fries, fish and Maryland style deep fried chicken. I had one but it walked off when I turned my back up in Eastpoint, Florida.

Okay, time for to get a toddy, this is getting longer than a troutline. :laughing9:

Oh yeah, as you can see , it doesn't take a lot of water to float my boat.

Attachments

• Family 00027A.JPG
    Family 00027A.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 1,053
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Well,
It looks like we're going to have a good turnout this year. I've got quite a few listed in my private messages. I'll be posting a list of who's going to be here in the next couple of days.
Aquanut

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whitefeather, thats a beauty of a boat. What is it?

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey John need a shipping address??

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Hey Bill, I sent you a pm.
For everyones information, Florida Bill has designed, created and donated decals for our cookout. Here's a preview:
Thanks again Bill.

Aquanut

Attachments

• oralando.jpg
    oralando.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 897
  • oranlano2.jpg
    oranlano2.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 882

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I want some!

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Your welcome, hope I can make it but they are in the mail. That way if I cant they will be there. I made one and installed it on glass this is how it will look on your window. These are done on 6-7 year outdoor vinyl so they will last a very long time. Just make sure the flat area is nice and clean before appyling.....

IMG_2886.jpg

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Hey Bill,
If they're going to last that long I might have to buy a new truck!
John

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Hey Bill, I got the decals! They're great. Thanks for the T-shirt. I'll hang it on a special place "My Back"! I still hope to see you here.
Aquanut

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions