How are you Florida guys doing with the oil spill?

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
You know Nick I think the salvage operations at greatest risk would be at Pensacola, FL

A Spanish Fleet sits off the Pensacola bridge there and oil has shown up along that area. Then there have been a number of archaeological projects on Florida's NW Section. The East of Florida appears to be safe still for the moment and I hope salvagers are working fast in case the oil does start coming into that area.

The scary part Nick is that all day long on the t.v. there has been talk about the oil volume coming out of that leak being far more than even some of the greatest guesstimates that have been given to the public, possibly more than 25,000 barrels a day.

So one has to wonder if this is a hint leading up to a bigger confession they may be dropping on us.

I would love to hear from people in Punta Gorda, and if they are seeing anything in their area ?

itmaiden

UNCLENICK said:
It truly does suck this whole mess out there. From the marine life, plants, beaches and people all affected, I'm very sorry and wish I could do something to help. How are you guys/gals doing as far as detecting? Safe diving, and hh.

Nick

Marco Marco

Greenie
Jan 12, 2009
Perdido Key, FL
Well I am not doing any active salvage operations, but I can say this IT SUCKS TO HIGH HEAVEN. I use to enjoy my ride to work along Beach road from Perdido Key FL to Gulf Shores AL. but now instead of the pristine beaches and the islands in the intercoastal fill with people enjoying themselves. All I see is Heavy equipment, Barges, Oil Booms and Contract workers. I am glad that they are here I just wish there were no reason that they should be here. My frustration is not with the Working people of the clean up effort it is with the Higher Echelon leaders. It just seems that no one is absolutely in charge. I have attended several meetings with my County Commissioner and others but yet still a defined chain of command is wishy washy. Our government (Obama) says let there be no doubt of who is in charge. Well I think they should take on the mind set of WHEN IN CHARGE THEN BE IN CHARGE. sorry for venting maybe the wrong forum. Peace Out.

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
We haven't seen the worst of it yet on the Panhandle. Luckily most of what we've been getting are tarballs and a light surface sheen. We can manage tarballs on the beaches, but liquified oil getting into our esturaries is the greatest concern.

The wrecks that ITMAIDEN mentioned in the bay will be just fine. The two De Luna fleet wrecks from 1559 near the bay bridge have been covered with a tarp-like sheet and then sanded over. The wreck of the Nuestra Señora del Rosario y Santiago Apostol from 1705 has been covered up for a few years now. There are of course scores of other colonial wrecks in the bay that have never been located and are most likely silted over anyway. Most of the popular recreational dive sites should be fine due to their depth, but this is subject to change if we get some of the submerged plumes.

Even if the spill ended tomorrow, I think it will be several months if not longer before we see the true damage that has been done to the overall ecosystem in the gulf - and it will be tragic. Every layer of the food chain has been impacted not to mention the critical inshore habitats for spawning. This is the price we all pay for our addiction to oil.

ArmyDiver

Jun 8, 2010
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this video... thought some of you might get a kick out of it. It's sad but true... and very funny.

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
sphillips said:
Couple of links to a sad commentary on what some think is acturally going on. This could very well be much worse that we all know:

http://www.opednews.com/articles/B-P-Halliburton-and-Trans-by-Chris-Landau-100611-452.html

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2010/06/evidence-points-to-destruction-beneath.html

If you cannot open, copy and paste

Steve

My dad works for an oil field service company that is supplying the directional drilling equipment for the relief wells - the contractor performing the relief well drilling is Boots & Coots. Yes, there is a high probability that the well casing may have ruptured below the sea floor. However, a successfull 'main well intercept' by BOTH relief wells will have nearly a 98% probability of success. The projected intercept depth is 10,000 feet below the sea floor and the potential well casing failure is believed to be within 200 feet below the sea floor. Boots & Coots has had a 100% success rate of performing "Kill Wells" for 48 wells so lets hope they don't start screwing up with this one. :-\

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Its gettin Funkin Nasty around Pensacola :-\

Attachments

• Pcola beach.jpg
    Pcola beach.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 244
  • Pcola beach 2.jpg
    Pcola beach 2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 246
  • Pcola beach.jpg
    Pcola beach.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Pcola beach 2.jpg
    Pcola beach 2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 242

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• BP-cares.jpg
    BP-cares.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 231
OP
OP
UNCLENICK

UNCLENICK

Dec 8, 2009
NorCal Foothills
Godamn those pics piss me off. And you hear that Hayward the ceo or whatever his name is scumbag...is attending Yacht races????!!!!!! He needs his ass beat...As do others who wanted the job done as fast as possiable without a care for saftey. Now we are screwd. This is huge...beyond huge. Florida is a special place, the keys, etc... Now look at it.. Also the southern borders of the other states hit too. It just makes me sick, outraged. This isnt the 60's, its 2010 why is this stuff happening. People just dont care. Total human error, or just shear laziness. Its total b.s.

Nick

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all part of the Illuminati's master plan to ruin the economy of the USA and the world so they can take over with their new world order bs.First 911 and now the oil spill.Im sure hayward the ceo is just another fall guy.You watch,he will just fade away or disappear.I just hope alot of that oil reaches the shores of england,see how they like it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread