Old photo of object found.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Old photo of object found.

cornelis 816 said:
Mr Nibbs . Let me give you some good advice and that is to keep your cards close to your chest . There are too many people that say they want to help you but in the meantime only are after the location of the wreck . I don't like to tell you this but I think I should for your protection. Regards and good sailing . Cornelius

Do be sure to heed his advice... sound counsel couldn't be had from a better source.

Bran <><

OP
OP
M

Mr nibbs

Jul 16, 2010

Thanks for the good advice.

Like to share the finds with you guys so you can follow our progress, we now have "salver in possession" rights on the site here in the UK and all finds are reported to the UK receiver of wrecks who is being very helpfull. Keeping the location close to my chest. Hope to find something that will identify the ship.

Here is the Tampion from the cannon, you can see the knotted rope still intact on the inside, a yes the cannon is primed and loaded.

Is reasearch the key to identification ? or will it be finds ?

Once again thanks for the advice!

Attachments

• tampion 085.jpg
    tampion 085.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 687
OP
OP
M

Mr nibbs

Jul 16, 2010

Some suggestions have come to me that the small lead circle might be a stand to put musket shot it when it has just been made to let it cool down, or as a musket ball size gauge. Musket shots fit perfectly into it. And the small lead weight could be used to measure powder, for musket shot. All the loose musket shot and the two lead objects where found together in a deep hole. It looked like they might of been in a box together or sack and the wood has all gone.

Any more thoughts would be welcome, we have no idea of country or age yet.

Not sure how it all works in other counties but here in the UK you get 30days to report finds to the receiver of wrecks and then she has one year to find the owner, if they don't find the owner its yours. The finder has a duty of care to preserve any finds.

You get a DROIT number off the receiver of wrecks and you can then claim "Salver in possession" this doesn't stop other people diving on your site but they can not take anything off the site.

Like the good advice I was given I will keep the location close to my chest for a while.

OP
OP
M

Mr nibbs

Jul 16, 2010

Found another lead item on the same site, just hoping someone might have a idea what it is/used for.

Many Thanks

Attachments

• china logo 008.jpg
    china logo 008.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 472
  • china logo 010.jpg
    china logo 010.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 460
  • china logo 011.jpg
    china logo 011.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 463
OP
OP
M

Mr nibbs

Jul 16, 2010

Somebody has surgested that the object in the last photo is someking of ramming hammer. It is specifically made to do a certain job, Its the perfect size to fit in the hand, and with the inch of solid lead at the end it gives you give someting a very powerfull hammer.
In one of the photos you can see it over a broom handle.

Has any come across any thing similar before ? or any different ideas?

It is very well made and it would be nice to know what purpose it was made for.

Attachments

• ram hammer 004.jpg
    ram hammer 004.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 306
  • ram hammer 005.jpg
    ram hammer 005.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 310

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread