Treasure hunter w/ 55 foot boat seeking partner

nomad705

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2004
I need a partner that can give up whatever they are doing and devote themselves to the hunt. An investment partner would be welcome as well. I have a 55 ft trawler im converting and some new detection technology. Im looking for a 50 / 50 partner that basically has no life :) to combine resources, help me get the boat going and go for it. My boats a live aboard and well equiped. Im mainly interested in the coasts from South Carolina, Georgia and around the keys to north Florida. Diving skills and any equipment a plus. The 1715 wrecks are also of great interest to me. I have a past history of treasure hunting but gave it up for several years. I recently decided to give up everything Im doing and go for one last adventure. Looking for like mind. Adventurous, committed, hardworking, non whiner. I have a science based education and I have some new ideas.

[email protected]

K

Ksir Hgih

I would be interested in knowing a little more about what you have in mind to search for.
Where are you located?

G

gunna_dan

well, im very young, like 15, but i am interested in this treasure hunting stuff, and i am a certified scuba diver, which i would imagine you probably are, email me at [email protected]

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Cornelius,
I believe that working anywhere in Indonsia is not a place anyone wants to Invest in.
My cousin was with the U.S. State Department in Indonsia for several years and was not happy at all.In this part of the world there are STILL PIRATES. To be able to recover anything you MUST hire some MERCKS just to watch over your butts and your equipment. Forget the Government-hell they can't watch over their ownselves.
Sorry to be so blunt but thkis is a FACT.
Peg Leg

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indonesia is the piracy capital of the world, with over 50% of all incidents.

schj24

Jul 4, 2006
Baltimore
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Oh I envy you. Yhat is the life I dream to have. Living on a boat and searching for lost treasure. Have a safe and profitable trip.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OK, I'm curious. I am Rescue Diver certified working on Divemaster, have my own equipment (Scuba and underwater detecting), am infatuated with treasure hunting, not tied to anything, with a strong desire to live somewhere on or near the gold coast.

So, if I dropped everything, and came treasure hunting with you I'd have no job, and wqouldn't have a lot of "extra" income to live on. Are we fishin' for dinner (not that this would be a bad thing) but am just curious as to what provisions you have in place if I were to drop everything, which I could do. I'm sure the financial partner you are seeking is for this reason, just want to make sure I'm not supposed to work at McDonalds at night so I can eat ;)

I'd like to hear more....

Jason

BUCCANEER

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2006
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270
Sounds like a winner man. If I did not have my two kids to finish raising I'd take you up on the dream of a lifetime. But if your ever down in the Southern part of Louisiana you can feel free to give me a shout. There are a couple of good spots off Grande Terre where Jean Lafitte has been known to dump off treasure trunks wrapped in chain for later retrieval. I personally know of one being found by a trawl boat; however , once they opened there mouth they ended with none of it.

Drop an e-mail if you have any questions on this area.

Britt W Bullins

pmuggs

Aug 8, 2012
Brantford ON
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Boy am I late to throw in my application huh? I'm only seventeen years old, but this is the opportunity I've been looking for. I'm educated in the history of areas around central and south america, obviously north america as well as I've grown up here. I'm in great physical shape, and don't have anything tying me down here except one more year of high school. I won't waste any time further extending my interest; if your still looking for a partner respond to this thread and I'll send an email your way. Untill next time.

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Peg leg . It has been some time since I answered you . But here is my answer to all the pirates that are scared of Indonesia . I have worked for 25 years in Indonesia . I was the European representative of the ,, dewan ekonomi veteran Indonesia ,,. This was the club of Indonesian war veterans . Ofcourse there were a lot of soldiers in this club but also a lot of Generals , Air marchals , and admirals were members . Because I was the ,, commercial ,, connection for a lot of these high placed contacts I became quite familiar with them . The thing in Indonesia is to have contacts in the highest channels . And I have those contacts . I will never missuse them but I can Always count on them when nessessary . Now you guys reply to me after you let me know where you got all the wrong information about Indonesia . And let me know who your contacts are you rely upon . Cornelius

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Peg leg . It has been some time since I answered you . But here is my answer to all the pirates that are scared of Indonesia . I have worked for 25 years in Indonesia . I was the European representative of the ,, dewan ekonomi veteran Indonesia ,,. This was the club of Indonesian war veterans . Ofcourse there were a lot of soldiers in this club but also a lot of Generals , Air marchals , and admirals were members . Because I was the ,, commercial ,, connection for a lot of these high placed contacts I became quite familiar with them . The thing in Indonesia is to have contacts in the highest channels . And I have those contacts . I will never missuse them but I can Always count on them when nessessary . Now you guys reply to me after you let me know where you got all the wrong information about Indonesia . And let me know who your contacts are you rely upon . Cornelius

Sounds like the advertisement of the treasure hunting boat for sale in Australia might be the ideal vessel in the right place for something going on in Indonesia. There are pirates in every country in the world, some wear suits, some uniforms and some wear raggedy tee shirts. The trick is to recognize them for what and who they are and move forward accordingly.

Last edited:

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
John, This thread was started over 9 years ago. The original poster might not even be around any more or still have that boat. :tongue3:

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
SADS 669 . Yes our friend peg leg died quite a few years ago . But I want to answer your post . Who do you think you are by questioning what I wrote about Indonesia ? It was part of my life and I lived it . Tell us something about your background . Cornelius

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
pmuggs yes, you are late. Nomad's boat sank 3 years ago and Peg Leg died 6 years ago.

DONWEBB.JPG

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
SADS 669 . Yes our friend peg leg died quite a few years ago . But I want to answer your post . Who do you think you are by questioning what I wrote about Indonesia ? It was part of my life and I lived it . Tell us something about your background . Cornelius

It would never occur to me to question anything you said, I was absolutely delighted to read that you were successful in your time there as I tried to be in Hong Kong in the 90's. you may have read criticism in my post, i assure you quite the opposite, I was aiming the comment to every country in the world not JUST one ( as the previous post suggested) as was intimated in the earlier post. There are pirates here in my country too i can assure you in other garb than you would expect. so the claim of Indonesia having THE pirates is in my opinion not fair.
I once again commend you for doing it right there and hope you would forgive me for not explaining myself better in my post

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
John, This thread was started over 9 years ago. The original poster might not even be around any more or still have that boat. :tongue3:
Hey Ed, I could care less about this thread. I was just letting Corny know about Peg Leg.
Keith, don't take it to heart, Corny just gets a bit touchy at times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread