Christmas lunch for the leaders of salvage companies in the Dominican Republic

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello everybody,

Today The National Agency for Underwater Patrimony of the Dominican Republic organized very nice Christmas lunch for the leaders of salvage companies that have contract with the Dominican government. Some other persons, principally from Dominican state institutions and directly involved with this business, were kindly invited too. The food was excellent, the whole environment was extremelly friendly and everybody really enjoyed this meeting. I can say that all of us felt like members of one family and I think it should be like that everywhere in this business.

Among the participants were, for example, Francis Soto, Technical Director of ONPCS (National Agency for Underwater Patrimony), Arch. Wilfredo Feliz, General Director of ONPCS, Burt Webber Jr., Capt. Tracy Bowden, Arch. Pedro Borrell, ex-director of ONPCS and a legend and founder of underwater archaelogy in the Dominican Republic, Billy, representing Deep Blue Marine, Dr. Lubos Kordac (it's me...aka Bobadilla on TH Forum...) and Bobby Pritchett, President of ARS.

All the best,
Lobo (Bobadilla)

OP
OP
Bobadilla

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
I was trying to paste a photo from this lunch with all the above described participants, but it seems that the picture is too big..... sorry.... :-\

Bobadilla

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I agree 100%. if everyone was above board and honest, I see no reason for the all the ill will . the world does not revolve around 1 person (except christ maybe) . I'm glad to hear you are in such a great atmosphere, it really sounds amazing.

I get along nicely with dr. herdendorf, the state of ohio's underwater archaeologist, but then he makes it so easy. he loves history and so do I. considering the freedom I'm given and the finds I've been digging and identifying, I'm having a blast.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sounds great! Good to know a country actualy likes treasure hunting! I was down there in 1973 and '74, beautiful country. Beautiful water. Lets see those pics!

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Lubos:
Wish I'd been there myself! Maybe next year. Wish you could make it for the Treasure Hunter's book club meeting in Tampa next month. Lot's of people there would really love you to sign their copies of your book(s).

OP
OP
Bobadilla

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hi guys,

Finally I am able to post the photos from treasure hunters' lunch in the Dominican Republic. Description of most of the participants is in my first message of this post....

Attachments

• Christmas Lunch.jpg
    Christmas Lunch.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 563
  • Christmas Lunch I..jpg
    Christmas Lunch I..jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 434

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread