Aussi Floods Ossy Thoughts

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Ossy,

I hope that you and your family escape any damage from the floods associated with the rising Brisbane River. The news from Toowoomba is tragic. I am thinking about you, my friend.

Sorry if this is not about shipwrecks, but it is about an important member of our TNet community.

Mariner

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Mariner for your concern, It's like a horror movie around Queensland. To give you some idea how wide spread
the floods are, the effected area is bigger than Europe.
My family is safe at the moment, we are about 15 miles away from the Brisbane river next to Morton bay on higher ground.
Thursday is D day with a king tide.
Please send prayers, they say 30,000 homes will be under by Thursday. God bless and again thanks for your thoughts.
Ossy

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck Ossy.I hope you have a boat that floats.On CNN they said it was a tidal wave that hit.

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE said:
Good luck Ossy.I hope you have a boat that floats.On CNN they said it was a tidal wave that hit.
Thanks FISHEYE, I have a SEA RAY made in good old USA. No tidal wave, just non stop rain 4" every 30 minutes
The Brisbane dam is at 190% with all flood gates open, going in the Brisbane river.
My boat is safe in a small harbor away from the river, But the flow is so strong in the river, that it has taken both pontoons
and boat's with it.
The sun is out today, but the flood waters are still flowing.
Ossy

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
Glad that you and yours are safe Ossy.
Watching from over here, non-stop on Sky, 'horror movie' is not an exaggeraton.
Have a son, his wife and granddaughter in Bris, down in Logan, who are also safe,
but who knows what will happen?
Son is driving a b-double tanker of ethanol back from Sydney today. Am talking to
him by phone and apart from detours in NSW is going ok.
Stay safe.
John

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
MORE AND BEYOND OSSY said:
Thank you Mariner for your concern, It's like a horror movie around Queensland. To give you some idea how wide spread
the floods are, the effected area is bigger than Europe.
My family is safe at the moment, we are about 15 miles away from the Brisbane river next to Morton bay on higher ground.
Thursday is D day with a king tide.
Please send prayers, they say 30,000 homes will be under by Thursday. God bless and again thanks for your thoughts.
Ossy

Great to hear you're safe, Ossy. Prayers going for you and your community.

OP
OP
M

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Ossy,

Good to hear that you and yours are safe. I have just finished Skyping my brother-in-law in Sydney. He says they are reporting that if some of the big dams go, there could be 600,000 homes lost. He says that the flooding is making its way south.

Stay safe.

Mariner

Lucky Eddie

Feb 9, 2010
Glad I'm on the other side of the Pizza!

http://www.watoday.com.au/photogallery/wa-news/lake-clifton-fires/20110111-19lpu.html

Now.....if the damn wild fires would just get rained on and go out, with some of that excess water in the east, all the houses wouldn't be getting burned too the ground here in the west! ::)

That's what we like About Oz - it's a land of extremes (and we are all extremists). :tongue3:

I read that it was the Gulf Mexico Oil Spill that killed the ocean currents and caused the floods in the east and heatwave here in the west of Oz.

We like to blame you "Seppos" for all our ill's - its a national pass time! :wink: :icon_thumright:

Don't matter what happened - you guys are too blame for it (if its bad - if its good - we did it ourselves)! :hello2: :laughing7:

Good luck to my banana bending cuzzins from the east with these floods - prolly have to sack all the guys at the factory who put the bends in the export bananas now coz most of the crops are destroyed. :wink:

Queenslanders - they are a funny breed - they seem to thrive on this stuff - they are a weird mob!

They will get thru this - eventually! God, i hope the Bundi Rum factory survived and the xxxx Brewery (They call their beer "XXXX" coz they ain't bright enough to spell "beer" most of em!) otherwise the recovery could be a bloody morbid affair - but if the beers cold and the rums flowing, they will get this flood thing sorted in the blink of an eye......can't have mutha nature interfere with valuable drinking time.

Soon as the powers back on and the beers cold again - they will perk right back up right quick!

Amazing how much cleaning up work you can do with a cold beer in one hand.

They breed em tough in Qld - just so they are ready for this kinda disaster. Kinda goes with the territory.

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a niece in Toowoomba and things were not pleasant. There are several missing.
All the best to Ossy and family.

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you mariner, Darren, Vox, for your thoughts and Darren for your Prayers.
The worst is over hopefully, we are in cyclone season ( Hurricane ) let pray to God they stay away.
Lucky Eddie, Bundi Rum is still flowing, the 4X factory is under water but we have plenty of wild turkey ;D
Some may say, what has this got to do with ship wrecks, well their are plenty under the Brisbane river now.
My friend who lives by the Brisbane river, was stunned to see a 52" cruiser go pass at 15knots with Pontoon attached
and no one on board.
Ossy

Lucky Eddie

Feb 9, 2010
I've a friend lives in Qld somewhere around Brisvegas, keeps a yacht in a pen at one of the marinas.

Sent him an email - to see if his house was affected and how his yacht made out.

Seems hes not even there - away in the Indian ocean doing a spot of contract relief work on Christmas Island.

Pretty hard being marooned thousands of miles away on an island and not being there to take all the precautions required to protect your property!. Would be tough watching the media on TV and seeing your yacht drifting down the river with hits mast whacking bridges etc as it goes under each of them and eventually drifts out to sea to sink - and not be able to do a damned thing about it!.

I think a lot of Qlders will be doing it tough for a long while most probably - this will takes months and years to overcome.

If you didn't laugh, you'd cry!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread