3rd Annual Treasure Hunters Cookout

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Well folks, the time has come for another Treasure Hunters Cookout. Anyone interested in treasure hunting is invited. I'll start this off with setting the date as Saturday, April 30th. I want to set it early enough in the Spring so it doesn't interrupt those preparing for the upcoming dive season. Let me know your opinion as to the date.
Aquanut

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
aquanut said:
Well folks, the time has come for another Treasure Hunters Cookout. Anyone interested in treasure hunting is invited. I'll start this off with setting the date as Saturday, April 30th. I want to set it early enough in the Spring so it doesn't interrupt those preparing for the upcoming dive season. Let me know your opinion as to the date.
Aquanut

John thanks again for hosting this get together. The 30th is fine with me. I hope Cornelius can make it this time. I'll be there with my canes dragging my tired old body into the backyard.

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Ed , I will be there . Will spend about 14 days in Florida . Time enough to tell you all my stories . Cornelius

comfortably numb

Mar 31, 2010
Crystal River, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II,
MPX,fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, I've already talked to you so you know I'm coming. Ed, It will be good to see you again. Corny, I look forward to meeting you, I will be at John's house all weekend, So I hope your in a talkative mood because I want to hear all your stories.
Jeff :occasion14:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll be there. Sounds good, Steve. PM me the address.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
cornelis 816 said:
Ed , I will be there . Will spend about 14 days in Florida . Time enough to tell you all my stories . Cornelius

Cornelius, I'm looking forward to seeing you and swapping Old Pirate tales.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aquanut said:
Aquanut

I enjoyed the last one so much, I will be there for sure...........I look forward to it... :icon_thumright:

Ruby says she might come too....

ARRK-1.jpg

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nice Grand Electus female. I have a Sun Conure-Sunny, I may bring him also. I tried to post a pic of him but it was too big.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevemc said:
Nice Grand Electus female. I have a Sun Conure-Sunny, I may bring him also. I tried to post a pic of him but it was too big.

Thank you, Ruby is a Vosmaerie, not Grand Eclectus, you can't see it in the picture above, but she has the yellow at the tip and orange in her tail.

Here is a better picture showing the colors in her tail.....Ruby is quite large.....

DSC01731.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevemc said:

Try photobucket, there is a very simple tool there for resizing pictures...Just remember to save the new picture and keep the original picture when you resize it.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll be there and hopefully we can get some of the major Florida treasure hunters to get together and work out some kind of strategy to open up the state. John, you should invite Gov. Rick Scott!

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Salvor6 said:
I'll be there and hopefully we can get some of the major Florida treasure hunters to get together and work out some kind of strategy to open up the state. John, you should invite Gov. Rick Scott!

O.K.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill be there and ill bring the oysters again.Prolly bring 2 bushels this time since they went so fast last year.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hope this works. Treasure Hunter, I knew Ruby was some Insular variant of the Electus, I could see the purple in the first pic. They are beautiful birds. See you at the get together, Steve. This is Sunny and I on my boat "Our Island" inside the Marquesas last June. I spent 5 weeks down there, then spent 6 weeks in the Abacos, in the Northern Bahamas.

Attachments

• Copy of Marquesas May June 2010 133.jpg
    Copy of Marquesas May June 2010 133.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 2,441
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
The address is :
4319 Tony St., Orlando, FL 32808 and my cell phone is 386-801-9242. For all of you that came last year, everything will be pretty much the same with hopefully some new additions.
Aquanut

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John:
I'll show! What should I bring? Can't miss Fisheye's oysters and some of you lady's cake!

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Aquanut, it will be my first and looking forward to it! Will bring something for the brethren to slake their thirst and fill their gut.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
We're getting off to a nice start, but it's still too early to tell what might be needed, so I'll wait a bit for that.
Terry, make sure you bring the whole crew! Same for you Fisheye.
Aquanut

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse Klein Side Scan Sonar
I missed last year's cook-out. I'll be in the Orlando
area that very same week and would love a chance
to meet everyone, i.e., Fisheye, Old Man, Cornelius,
Jeff and the rest of all you Scallywags. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread