• Total voters
OP
OP
fogo

fogo

Greenie
Jul 16, 2006
Mozambique
99 you say that these guys were divining the katina p ,apparently they didnt take mutch out they were not auterized to dive or take anything,katina p had 30 000 tons of copper moust are still left
do you got more info on the Patinka wreck ?
if no bodys going to help me ,ill have to take my island shuttel to do the job,but shi****t its going to take millions of years

Attachments

• Island Shuttel.jpg
    Island Shuttel.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 457
  • Island Shuttel.jpg
    Island Shuttel.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 441

Cablava

May 24, 2005
The last company I recall removing a substantial amount of copper from a wreck, was Mubarak Shipping in Dubai. The took a large amount of copper from a ship in the bay at the West end of Socottra Island up near the horn of Africa about 10 years ago.

The owners are three brothers Juma, Mohammed, Obaid Mubarak they are three of the best Arab guys I met and worked with in the Middle East. They have the Money the floating plant to fund this sort of project.

All three are personal friends of mine.
Regards

Mike

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Anyone know of the quality of diamonds that come out of Mozambique? I know of a wreck with cargo listed as such and I wondered how to value such a shipment. I assume they were industrial grade diamonds since they were sent on a freighter. Anyone familiar with diamonds shipments from there?

Best,
Darren

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good point, Fogo. The records show that the ship came from Mozambique. I'm sure this was her port of departure, not where the diamonds came from. Since I'm not familiar with the diamond industry, I didn't know where the mines were (other than just "from the African mines") and if all grades were shipped by freighter.

Best,
Darren

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peg Leg said:
With all this talk about MILLIONS and MILLIONS being available and with everyone have permission to work this or that wreck Please tell me WHY they are NOT being worked. Could it be that most of it is BULLSH#T.
Dose anyone have the location of any wrecks off the coast of Sierra Leone. I have a few good contacts there including within the SL Government.
Anyone interested in Rough Diamonds? I know where the largest deposit of rough diamonds in the world are located. This is NO B.S.
That should get someone attention?????
Peg Leg

Just remember to do it right if going after raw diamonds. You need a "Certificate of Origin" from a recognized government and a Kimberly Certificate from the UN to move them. It's one of the areas the UN likes to focus on in an attempt to give meaning to its existence. They tend to make examples of those caught. Ending up in a Sierra Leone or Congo prison could really make for a lousy day. Good luck to all!!!!

Crudeli

Aug 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there anyone still on this forum that is willing to share some coordinates for shipwrecks around Maputo/Inhaca area? I am just interested for recreational purposes. I am not a treasure hunter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions