Could use some advice...

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be going down to the Keys for a very short 3 day trip this week (only 1 day to beach hunt) and would really appreciate any advice you guys could share with me on beach hunting for 1733 Fleet goodies. I have always wanted to find something from one of these wrecks but I know that most of them wrecked well offshore unlike the 1715 Fleet sites.

I know most folks keep their productive "spots" to themselves, but I figured i'd ask anyway since my chances of actually finding something in one afternoon of hunting are pretty slim without some kind guidance from someone with knowledge of the Keys and the 1733 Fleet wrecks. Thanks in advance for any info you can share with me.

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody? Really? Wow...

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hold out till tomorrow or Monday, many of the people that could answer this are at Aquanut's Treasure Hunters cookout.

If you figure many active posters are there and about 100 people were going, that's most of this forum.

That's one collective group of knowledge! :notworthy:

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mike, try Anne's Beach aka Treasure Beach at mile marker 73, in Islamorada. Tom

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah... Thanks for reminding me about the gathering. I didn't pay much attention to the dates of the event since I knew I couldn't make it there due to work obligations. I was surprised by lack of response but that sure makes sense.

Thanks Tom... I'll give Ann's Beach a try while I'm down there. I'll let you know how I do... Hope all is well with you and your endeavors. 'Preciate the advice...

Some friends will be staying at my place while I'm out of town so I'm only going to be in the Keys from tomorrow until Wednesday evening as they have work obligations themselves on Thursday... unfortunately just a quick trip for me this time out. I would be happy to team up with anyone else that hunts the Keys if interested and available... I will be staying in one of the cabins at Bahia Honda State Park... Such a beautiful place!

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Keyshunter... Are you interested in hooking up while I'm down there this week? I'm always up for making new friends and putting in a team effort. Let me know... I won't be offended either way as I know that some th'ers prefer to hunt alone... I'm happy th'ing either way.

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
just home from work got number from pm ,will call ya monday .tues looks good a bit windy but we wont no if we dont go...

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keyshunter... I am in Tavernier heading South. Give me a call if you would like... It's 11:30 am now.
Phips (Mike)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread