Has anyone seen White Feather? I last saw him in June.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I saw White Feather heading North up the ICW in mid June, heading to Comfortably Numb's place in Crystal river. I saw his boat anchored off Sarasota around the first of July, and called him on the VHF but no answer. I headed to the Bahamas right after that. I came back the middle of August and saw his boat there still. Still didnt respond to VHF hails. Anybody know what's up? Next time I am down that way, (off Marina Jack's anchorage) I will stop and see if all is OK. Maybe they are fine, I dont know. Steve.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Steve,
This might answer your question...Whitefeather posted this the other day.

HELLO FELLA'S AND GALS, I'M BAAAACK!

Ahoy Matey's, Well, I finally get back and after an hour of writing I hit the wrong button and lost everything. Bummer!

The past few weeks have been psycotic, lewd, rude and costly but other than that I suppose I'll survive. I had a serious skin cancer removed from my back about 10 days ago but the wound is not healing. It refuses to close and bleeds from time to time. I'll have to get back to the doctor if it doesn't start getting better in another few days.

Sherene is doing fairly well but the broken leg is going to be very slow healing because of the osteoperosis problem with bone loss. Bone density is crutial to healing a serious injury like hers but time will be the ingreedient that will help the most. She will not be able to return to the boat because of the possibility of future falls or boat movement causing instability. Those who know us personally already know how unstable we really are anyhow. Speaking from a purely physical point of view, of course!

So, with that in mind I have rented an apartment in hopes of getting Sherene back here and out of the daughter's place in Pensacola. I chose Bradenton, Florida because of the proximity of the ICW, Marinas and available anchorage and haulout facilities. You didn't think I was giving up the boat did you? What? I'm not as stupid as I look or something like that. The plans to return to hunting treasure and cruising are just moved to another burner in the scheme of things. I may give in to demands at times but I NEVER give up. Now, I have to wait until this wound on my back closes and heals over first. Then I'll get in the water and scrape the barnacle collection off the bottom and move the boat to the anchorage up at Cortez. Then I'll get a slip and unload a bunch of furniture off the boat to use in the apartment along with the freezer and whatever else looks like it could be used ashore. What? Why shouldn't I use the 3 recliners, the freezer, tables and chairs, rugs, lamps and kitchen utensils, pots, pans and dishes ashore? Remember, this isn't a normal little boat. I have three recliners in the living room along with the desk for the computer station, the Treasure Chest that will hopefully get filled and burried before I do and lots of other things. Besides, I have an ultierrior motive... I intend to overhaul the boat and having all this live aboard junk out of my way is awesome! I can even put some of the stuff I can't use in the apartment in storage and have lots of room to work, scrape, paint, sand and generally make a bloody awefull mess and no one will complain of dust getting on HER clothes, dishes, carpets and hair. See? There's a silver lining to every disasterous event. It's just another way to get you to change course so you don't hit a reef and sink. Now I can concentrate on getting some serious work done. Sherene and Atty will be comfortable and snug in the apartment and I can grind, sand, scrape, paint and fiberglass until I can't move if I want. Or, now here's a thought, I could go down to the boat and just sit and play my guitar without listening to someone telling me how much time I am wasting messing with this monster of a boat. Yup, sounds like a plan to me.

I am sitting on the bunk in the wheelhouse watching the sun come up ovet the trees to the east. A bright red ball of fire just barely topping the trees and getting bigger and brighter as the seconds pass. WHY WOULD I GIVE THIS UP? No Sir, I am a waterbaby through and through and in spite of Sherene's injuries this is the life I live. These beautiful calm, clear and awesome mornings, days, afternoons and evenings are what it is all about living aboard. The Treasure hunting, diving, fishing, snorkeling, and travel are all icing on the cake! Holding my hand out at arm's length the sun is about one finger's width above the trees and glittering reflections off the still water as it climbs into the sky. Almost a dead calm but just a slight breeze making very small ripples in the early dawn. Okay, time to grab another coffee and go sit out on the top deck.

OP
OP
stevemc

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I saw him about noon today. He moved his boat closer to shore. He was outside tightening anchor lines. If I can get away from doing renovation work at home, I will boat down and visit with him.

humble

May 26, 2011
White Feather, reports he's in shallow water trying to scrape barnacles from the bottom of the boat without getting a surgical wound on his back wet. humble

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread