10th anniversary of the Convention on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOC said:
How did the Greek guy get there, he must have sold some antiquity to get his air fare !

In the very unlikely event Spain wins the Mercedes case you could use the coins in Iberia as your currency as your Euro's are not going to be worth their scrap value very shortly.

It might be worth stashing some of the coins from your wreck as you might need them in Lieu of wages before too long.

Luckily I am not in the states either.
Some of these Spaniards could buy out odyssey when the coins head back to Spain.
I hear it will be going for a steal :laughing7:
http://www.lotterypost.com/news/186294

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Some of these Spaniards could buy out odyssey when the coins head back to Spain"

I think Odyssey would have more luck borrowing money to buy Spain from the world banks (who now own Spain), than the other way around.

It cannot be long before these governments see the sense in using these wrecks as an economic resource (as they were always intended to be when afloat), rather than wasting money paying out scarce public funds to self-appointed archaeological custodians to monitor the slow but inevitable destruction of these sites.

Let’s hope the current economic climate prevailing in these countries curtail this UNESCO nonsense and get back to the situation that prevailed for the last 60 years where the private sector find and excavate the not very important Treasure ships with some archaeological recording, and the publically paid archaeologist can concentrate their limited funds on the many historically important wrecks that the treasure hunters are not interested in excavating.

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aquanut said:
MORE AND BEYOND OSSY said:
Alexandre, How has the Convention progressed?
Ossy

Using the term loosely...
I think a lot of good will come from this meeting, I remember over the years the complaints about Spain doing nothing about
its wrecks:
Well things are changing, and I guess we have odyssey to thank.
Ossy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread