Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi makahman and welcome to the forum. You can find out anything you want here. I usually double my normal weights for blowing with a scooter. Scroll down the subject thread and look for the 'HAND HELD BLOWER' subject and you will see some pretty amazing stuff.

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Makahman
I use my SeaDoo scooter as a blower quite often. I have taken all the sinkers I have found and filled the ballast chamber with them. With this much weight in it I find it works quite well. What might work better would be to attach dive weights to the shroud so that it is not top heavy which is the only problem with filling the ballast chamber which is on top.
Seahunter

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Danny Kim, there is a name I haven't heard in some time!

The treasure diver from Hawaii correct?

abacopirate

Jan 18, 2006
Abaco, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
whites,excaliber,pulsestar2
I usually use the scooter when I'm out looking on the reef or near it find it useful for dusting off a spot to have a quick look. But find careing the extra weight a pain.

J

jerseybones

Use a couple of Apollo AV1s for digging all the time, they work great and are 3 speed variable. They are not cheap but but cost alot less than the better caving and tech level scooters. We use a chunk of lead about 30 # and clip it to the shroud as they have about 40# thrust. Will be trying out the new 24volt version soon and will post the results-it is a bit pricier though ($2000 +) They turn up on ebay occassionaly for a good price. Good luck!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
HEY JERSYBONES, WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Did you see the picture of my 40# thrust hand held blower?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to strap dive weights to the scooter's cage after and left the nose empty to keep it tipped upward. Twenty pounds did it for me since the scooter wasn't high powered like todays. Worked faster than a ping pong paddle.

Sandman

J

jerseybones

Thanks Salvor 6 I also built a blower like yours surface supplied power and a put a 10in. pvc tube surround to direct it a bit, also keeps you from hitting your fingers. Haven't used it much but have a long term dig to burn it up next year. Good Hunting, Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread