nother wreck:

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Has anyone heard of a wreck in New York.
I understand that people know of this wreck but the current to to strong to do any recovery work.
This is hard to believe.
Will have more infomation later this week.

Here is something else that is HARD TO BELIEVE.
Remember my Ghost Ship well guess what there maybe a THIRD WRECK in this general area. ::) ::) :-\
Will know for sure by the end of this month.
Getting everything ready to go.
Peg Leg

AA23

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol so this post is actually about 2 more ships and not just one eh peg, boy i am really beggining to wonder how many simultanious projects can a single person run at one time?

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
So am I,
If it were not for the fact that the wrecks are within 1 mile of each other I don't believe it could be done without having 3 different crews either. But if you are going to work one why not all of them.
Peg Leg

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
peg leg,
heres your ghost ship,see what happens when a ship with a draft of 20 feet tries to go in shallow water.the intercoastal wasnt dredged untill the late 1800's.most of it was only 6-16 feet deep or less,just like it is today outside the marked channels.the only kind of a boat that could have traveled it would have been a flat bottom boat like a steam boat.no galleons,no big ships.only row boats an flats boats.

Attachments

• ghostship.jpg
    ghostship.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 344
OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
NICE PHOTO. Go by this ship everyother day.
How large a boat/ship can a storm move. In Destin Florida a storm surge put 14 feet of sand on the road.
So lets not start here cause noone has any idea where a strom can move a boat or even a large ship but these ship are not that large in fact one that been seen is about 53 feet long and is not flat bottom.
What if they are CAVAREL ships that had only a 7 foot draft. The channel in places goes to 17 feet plus.
Every one seems to be busting their butts trying to prove me wrong but untill I actually pinpoint the Ghost Ship I have no idea what size it is but i FEEL THAT IS NO MORE THAN 55 FEEL LONG.The one that I have already located because of the structure is from the early 1800's. Yes I had help on this from a man that builds models to scale.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
For those that do not know I was born in Titusville in 1937 and grew up on the East Coast and the St. Johns River so I am not a SNOWBIRD.
Peg Leg

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
PegLeg,
I think we are all waiting for YOU to prove US wrong! Everyone is just tired of hearing these fantastic theories you spout as FACT!

I am not one to cast negative comments here, and anyone who has been here long can vouch for my reputation. I have always tried to be civil and polite so please don't take these comments the wrong way. I love your enthusiasm and your desire to find this GHOST WRECK! But your stories have changed so many times it is getting to be absurd!

Sit back and relaxe here at TreasureNet. Continue your search. I have no doubt you have something of interest. But lets leave it at that! You have absolutely no proof of any of the claims you have made. All of your evidence is circumstantial, 2nd hand or hearsay at best!

I think you have some info on these three wrecks that may be in the general vicinity of your area, and you are for the most part, looking to find them. Is this true? From your side scans and 2nd hand (eye witness accounts) feel you have located the general vicinity of the first wreck? Is this true? Now you have some documentation on two additional wrecks in the same area (or roughly 1 sq mile) of the first? True?

The one that I have already located because of the structure is from the early 1800's.
What structure? How can you say you have determined the wreck to be from the 1800's? Have you recovered anything? How can you say the vessel is no more than 55ft in length? Have you found it? On what basis do you make these claims? Just because you know there were ships that sank in the area doesn't mean this is it! Again, You have NO proof!

I am asking all these questions to bring some realization to what you are claiming.

I for one have no problem with your theory about a vessel(s) being pushed into a river by a storm. Sounds doable under the right circumstances, but I don' t know the terrain or bottom features of the area in question.

As for now, do a Mag survey, more side scan, sub-bottom profile or just MD on the banks of the area you feel most likely to be your target! See if you cant find and recover (or photograph) some artifacts to show everyone here. Make fools out of all the nay sayers. I think what irritates some members is the fact you are claiming to have found the wreck and are now spouting out so called FACTS about it, when the truth is, you have not located anything definitive yet. Even if we all agreed that your side scans did show a shipwreck, you can not make the claims you have made here recently without further evidence.

For now, just relaxe the subject and these fantastic claims! Lets leave it at "You have some info on several wrecks in your area you are trying to locate and need some help!" Maybe start a new post with exactly that heading and explain your search to date. Talk about the ships in question and see if anyone has any input or research to corroborate your site. Just a thought!

Good Luck,

Robert in SC

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Well put, well said Robert.

Lets leave it at "You have some info on several wrecks in your area you are trying to locate and need some help!" Maybe start a new post with exactly that heading and explain your search to date. Talk about the ships in question and see if anyone has any input or research to corroborate your site. Just a thought!

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I might add to the advice, Peg, that you post only within your thread and not jump around to other threads posting. That way everyone who wants to follow your progress can see it in one thread and not have to piece meal it from the many threads you post in. We all really want you to succeed, so please heed the advice here and I think you'll find the support you're looking for :)

Best to you,
Darren

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Was that photo taken from SR528? If not, it has a twin.
HH
Dale

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I know nothing about electronics if the question was directed at me.
Peg Leg

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dale,
SR528 right on the left as you cross the bridge before you get to the cape port.from what i hear,there was alot of treasure aboard,but the local pirates got it all already.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
The ship in question did not have anything of value but yes it was cleaned out. It was abandoned after going through the gates. The owner was no where to be found. The State and the county wanted it moved. I saw a bardge with a crane and a tug boat at the ship last week.
Peg Leg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread