when we read some more ,,,,,,

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
El Salvador , 140 feet long ,800 tons , 240 000 pieces of 8 , 100 000 silver reales , wrecked at Topsail inlet . ..... Nuestra senora de la Soledad , wrecked at the banks of Lucot near drumInlet ( Core Banks ) . Lady of Solitude , , wrecked in the Carolinas , banks of Lucot . La Galga , already discovered . Cornelius ( the year 1750 from Havana to Spain )

OP
OP
cornelis 816

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Why are we only looking in Florida . There are plenty wrecks in the Carolinas . If it was up to me I would be looking for wrecks in the Gulf of Mexico ( the West coast of Florida ) and then in the Carolinas . Cornelius

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Cornelius,
Keep looking to the West Coast of Florida. The Carolinas have a thousand wrecks, however the waters are lousy and identification is difficult. You could spend ten years sifting through them and never come up with anything but an empty bank account. There are a couple guys up there that know what they're doing, but you can bet your ass you'll never hear about it!
Aquanut

OP
OP
cornelis 816

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Aquanut . As long as you and me stay on the West coast of Florida we are safe ! Cornelius

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
aquanut said:
There are a couple guys up there that know what they're doing, but you can bet your ass you'll never hear about it!

;D

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Stay away from NC. There's nothing here :wink: We are one of the graveyards of the Atlantic. Wrecks lie on top of each other. It's like looking for a gold ring in a recycling scrap yard.

Regarding Cornelius' list: The El Salvador has yet to be found. There is much confusion about which Topsail Inlet. I believe it is the one near Beaufort Inlet. I also believe it may be a bit further north of where many have looked. The Soledad was salvaged at the time of loss. The Guadeloupe was unloaded on Ocracoke Island and a few pirates ran off with a portion of it, only to be captured later. And I don't believe the La Galga has been found, in spite of the supposed proof. Good luck. Why enter the expensive and legal arena with Spain? There are better wrecks to pursue, but I wish anyone the best who decides to search for these.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blowers are banned in NC.I guess that was from when we blew a 100 foot hole on the El Salvadore with the ocean star.That wreck is in quicksand 40-50 feet deep in the sand.NC only allows dredges to excavate now.

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
cornelis 816 said:
Why are we only looking in Florida . There are plenty wrecks in the Carolinas . If it was up to me I would be looking for wrecks in the Gulf of Mexico ( the West coast of Florida ) and then in the Carolinas . Cornelius
Yes i agree -------1554 wrecks & 1559 wrecks on the gulf side . I think some could have early 16th century aztec gold on them !The mounds are almost gone eroded away & the history of the true mound builders is about to expose itself!

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
I'll be around!Get here when ya can.Fining some strange painted pottery :thumbsup:

Attachments

• las casas poloychrom.jpg
    las casas poloychrom.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 278
  • las casas poloychrom.jpg
    las casas poloychrom.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 274

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread