DIVING WITH SEAHUNTER

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am a little bit confused about what dates you folks are talking about meeting down in Jupiter. I thought you had meant this weekend? Then I saw Jason talking about the 20th (which is fine with me too).

Could everybody that plans on meeting repsond with the dates they plan on being down here? I for one would like to meet with everyone again, and meet new guys like Robert and Jason and Rio Bravo.

Rio, what marina are you docked at in Fort Pierce? For how long?

Regards,
Tom

ps. here is a picture of me on a recent hunt for a GHOST SHIP along the banks of the Wacissa River in NW Florida.

Attachments

• olddetector.jpg
    olddetector.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 325

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Man it must be nice to have access to that new fangled gear Tom :D And your fashion sense is impeccable...

I WAS planning on coming this weekend, but the sea was not cooperating. Robert and Darren from NC will be coming down Oct. 20th - 22nd so I changed my trip to coincide with theirs...and to hope for better seas. Joseph (Rio Bravo) should still be there, I'm planning on staying on his boat and diving from the SeaHunter and the Bravo. HOPEFULLY my schedule will be the entire week after the 22nd as well, but there are some snags with that. If nothing else I'll fly up for the weekend at least.

Scott or Joseph, which airport would be best to fly into? Was looking at Ft. Lauderdale, but haven't booked anything yet.

Jason

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Not sure, now I am a little bit confused my self.....Darren send me an e-mail saying he wanted to go diving on the weekend of the 22-23 but that is a Sunday and Monday.....We all dont have a problem, we live here, I think is better saturday and Sunday.....It would be great if Rio could bring his boat and I am sure that is we help Pete with some $$$ he could bring his boat that is equiped with SSS, mag and Blowers.....I am willing to pay for Petes gas, food and hotel....I am also willing to help with food and drinks for the day while working......Dont worry Tom no beer until we are done working....With 3 boats and such a crew we will have a great weekend..

All the best,

Chagy..........

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
hi tom,
currently at riverside marina, and would be happy for you to visit, i concur with scubaseeker in that the projected weekend for a get together works for most on oct. 20-22 and i should be able to make it hope to see then if not sooner.

jason
ft lauderdale is a good spot and easy to get to, try airtran out of houston.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sorry, Chagy. I must've sent the wrong dates. I'm planning for Oct. 20-22 as well. It should be a blast searching together with great guys.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Wow Chagy, thanks for the offer but I don't think I can haul my 3 ton boat that far. That's why I'm selling it. I want to get something smaller. My truck only has a V-6 and I already had the tranny rebuilt once. I can probably bring the mag and sonar with. We will already have enough blowers.

OP
OP
M

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I can possibly bring my boat, a 22' Searay cuddy cabin. It doesn't have blowers but makes a nice mag boat or for shuttling people around. Sleeps 2-3 people (I snore-LOUDLY).

Rio, have you had the chance to meet Mo Molinar, Mike Pena and the crew of the Virgalona? They should be docked back in Riverside by now (they were at Fins in Sebastian)

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
salvor 6 said:
Wow Chagy, thanks for the offer but I don't think I can haul my 3 ton boat that far. That's why I'm selling it. I want to get something smaller. My truck only has a V-6 and I already had the tranny rebuilt once. I can probably bring the mag and sonar with. We will already have enough blowers.

Well there we go!!!! we can run the mag on Toms boat, Pete my offer still stands I will invite you, so dont worry I will take care of you.....

Chagy......

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I was considering bringing my boat as well, a 23' Sea Pro Cuddy Cabin. I might have my blower by then and we can easily dive 3-4 people from it.

Robert in SC

OP
OP
M

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
We will have a whole dang fleet out there! The rest of the forums memebers can watch on the Jupiter Inlet webcam.

Anyone going to Key West for Fantasy Fest Oct 20-28th?

Schedule of events here: http://www.fantasyfest.net/schedule.htm

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I had looked at Fantasy Fest...the clothing optional bar looks fun! It's starting to look like I won't have a full week though :(

I'll be bringing my laptop and wireless internet connection...which I bet will work from SeaHunters site. We might be able to post live updates for our TNET pals. We'll have a great crew with excellent equipment on a damn good site...it won't get any better until we open the first beer :D (AFTER we dive Tom)

Jason

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
friend from far and near,
let it be known, that a gathering of men and women who value the shiny points of life have set a date for a meeting that shall forever etch in stone the camaraderie that can be built when we put our minds together, this could be as big as spring break :) ;D :) ;D

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mo and the Virgalona are at riverside marina now with a blown tranny,the last time i talked to mike pena when he was fishing at finns on the dock he said the tranny was still in the shop waiting for parts.they left finns marina on 1 engine 2 days before that storm ernesto came to florida.i was gonna tow them down there but at the time the injector pump for my port engine was in the shop.

if you guys have the meeting on the 20th i could come down with the caribe.it sleeps six inside,more out on deck.by the 20th i should have the generator,upper cabin a/c,anchor windlass,sanitizer waste system,inverter an a/c electric control panels installed.no blowers yet.but they will be on the boat after i get all the other stuff done.

next weekend i will be at finns marina pulling up sunken boat wreckage if anyone wants to come an hang out an help.all i can offer is free beer!and some expiereince.if we have time i might even fire up the underwater chain saw an test it out on this sunken 40 foot sailboat behind my slip.

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys
I don't want to be a kill joy but there are rules I must follow. I am not allowed to take all the boats I want out on site. There are requirements for boats on site. I am allowed to bring whatever divers I want. I am monitored by the state and don't want to break any rules.
Seahunter

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Seahunter, you mention you can't take "all the boats you want." I'm assuming this means no boats other than your own? Or can another one fit the specs required by the permit? Thanks for clarifying. Looking forward to meeting you.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Who you callin' WORMS, Ricor? :D

It was nice of everyone to offer to bring boats, but with the SeaHunter and the Bravo we'll have plenty. If things get too crowded, we can always storm the Enterprise and take her for ourselves :D She already has the right lease numbers painted on her bow, just a wee bit of piracy involved... ;) J/K

J

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seahunter,

just tell the state that you want all your friends boats on the site because you are going to have them all line up around the bay and blow with prop wash to expose the entire sea floor at your site so you can find all the treasure in 1 day.tell them not to worry about turbidity.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
We can always jump from the fishing dock ;D :D :D :D :D

All th best,

Chagy........

ScubaFinder