• Scan 2.jpeg
    Scan 2.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 486

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
They found a circle shaped area in the limestone in Miami within the last 10 years or so, and there was wood still in the holes. They felt it was some kind of ancient ceremonial place. I am sure you could find that without too much trouble. 10,000 years ago the sea level was lower and this would have been out of the water. Up here on the west Coast of Florida, there are many ancient villages that are out in the water, underwater. If its not that, who knows.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have it Cornelius, Alexandre?

Atlantis sits at the junction of the three plates. The North American, Asian, and the North African, an area of extreme Seismic / Tectonic activity which easily explains why it disappeared in 3 days, according to the ancient legend.

It consisted of a gigantic Caldera of three rings, now about 12,000 under the Atlantic. It sits almost where it supposedly was located according to the ancient stories.

Global explorer anyone ? Or lacking that, Aquanut with his scuba gear/?

Apparently the major activity consisted in a western depressing / tipping / sinking of the zone with the 'possible' effective axis being in Europe. This left a stretch of shallows off of the coast of Spain which 'may' have been an out lying Atlantean settlement. This shallow segment eventually became the home of a roaming group of people from the Israel area.

These people later migrated to the Eastern US and slowly worked their way west to present Arizona. From there they then went south to eventually form Mexico city and the Aztec civilization.

They still call this former home 'Aztlan' strikingly similar to it's original name 'Atlantis'. They still refer to this former colony on the shallows off of the coast of Spain, as "the Place of the Reeds, Herons, white sands", etc. and obliquely refer to this migration to the Americas.

So Ladies & gentlemen, get the Global Explorer into action and help them redeem their name and help heal the division between Salvors, Adventurers, and Archaeologists. We 'can' work together to the benefit of all.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally doubt the wood is from the Atlantis period.

I found a hand laid Rock wall 6-7 feet wide starting in 60 feet of water and extending down to the drop off in 110 feet of water, off Clifton Pier in Nassau, Bahamas which could date back to the time of Atlantis. Numerous fresh water springs gushing, or bubbling from the ocean floor in several areas of the Bahamas. A bowl shaped 300 foot in diameter, 50 foot deep crater in 35 feet of water, NW of Nassau, and megalithic stones like those found on the Bimini road, which in my opinion only date back less than 3000 years.

Plans are in the works to begin the Atlantis project, in the area of Bimini, this Spring. Permits are in place. Dell

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There used to be a forest off the coast in the keys 10,000 years ago.The fishers have hit wood diggin holes before.

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my humble opinion, that in places the East coast shore line extended out 500 yards further in the 1500 & 1600's than it does today. The West coast, even farther.

A Salvor told me he uncovered a Mastodon, near Ft.Pierce. An ancient river bed runs just off shore.

Ancient arrowheads, spear points, and axes are found through out Florida. There are rumors of an underground city at Inverness. The top of a pyramid was reported in the Everglades. The stone circle found at Miami. According to GPR another believed buried at Boca. The list goes on. Dell

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10,000 years ago the florida land mass on the east coast extended all the way out to where the gulf stream is and on the west coast it extended 60-100 miles out.

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pvet7521, I would suggest your poles were part of a pen built by Indians to hold animals, if it was land at that time, or fish if the water was shallow at that time, but probably less than than two thousand years ago.The Coral would preserve the wood. I have found wrapping paper with the design on it, and a deuce of spades playing card perfectly preserved in the coral for 160 years. Dell

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have found blocks underwater (of blocks and tackle used in sailboat rigging) made of Lignum Vitae that were 200+ years old. That was a favored wood for blocks as it is very hard and dense. It grows all over the Keys and Bahamas. Something weird is it grows on Indian mounds, and that is a way people have found indian mounds, look for Lignum vitae trees.

OP
OP
P

pvet7521

Dec 30, 2010
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites, Aquapulse, Grometrics
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dell your on the money, I believe that's exactly what it is, a pen of some kind that was once on land or a turtle corail . About 4 ft down I found small pieces of wood 3- 4 ft long and 2in in diameter,they were probably tied perpendicular to the poles at one time. This structure had a diameter over 50 ft.

cpt scuba

Jul 17, 2006
manatees .. were pened up to be eaten when need up until about 1945 .. thats how group of islands called cow pens got its name.. near taverneir bayside . and lignume vitea was a favourite for posts ..lasts for ever

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread