This IMO is a very accurate read on the Odyssey Buisness model

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGecy said:
You know what I see...I see more and more Archaeologist realizing that OME does good work! And they are scared! "The people" are tired of the idealistic BS from a few people who sit behind a desk and try to tell them how their opinion is the only opinion. And the governments are realizing that they don’t have the money to support it. I think Filipe sees this and knows it is slowly starting to shift!

And this idealistic view of they stole our cultural heritage crap makes me want to puke. Here is an idea...I think every archaeologist, every government and every person should just go ahead return any item that has EVER been found or excavated back to the country of its origin. I mean it’s already starting to happen anyway! But I hope you don't forget where these coins that OME has brought up really came from. I mean, according to the idealistic views you have taken, it is really not YOUR cultural heritage, but the cultural heritage of the people of central and south America. I think it would only be fitting that Spain return these coins to the descendants of the people that they enslaved and killed to get the gold and silver used to make the coins.

The day Spain does this is the day I will forever change my opinion that they are nothing more than a corrupt, greedy nation who has plundered the worlds resources for centuries.

And don't get me wrong, our government is no better! Aside from this meaningless quibble over some coins found on the ocean floor, the world as we know it is in much worse shape as a whole. I hate to sound like one of those anti-government crusaders, but corruption is rampant in our world. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer!

Now I remember now why I have stayed away from here for so long!

Hello to all my friends. I hope you are doing well!

Robert
Gday Robert, I am looking forward to you saying , you were right !! Spain has done the right thing
there is a lot of coins and I am very confident that Spain will have many of them sent to Peru.
There history is Spain's history good and bad. What are we fighting over :dontknow: Bits of metal
We should all be ashamed of ourselves, people are more important !!!
No race can hold there head up and say I helped , we are all tared with the same bush ( Aussie saying )
Ossy

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Robert it is because your posts , if not too many , that keep me interested in this forum . Too many old wives tales are posted nowadays . I realy have to look very good to find something ON topic and of interest . This is a Treasure Net . I know that there are very few stories related to the forum subject but a little of the good stuff is better than all the personal opinions we have to read lately . I only know a small amout of Pirates ( and I am using the word pirate in a positif way ). These friends of mine make it still worthwile to read the material on this forum . Cornelius

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The USA needs to pull out of the middle east and go to war with Spain!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread