Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Mar 2012
    332 times
    Cache Hunting

Seeking advice on getting a permit in Florida

I started a thread on the cache hunting board about getting a permit to dig up some pirate treasure. I know this is the shipwreck board, but I beleive the treasure I am trying to dig up came from a ship. I know this is a popular board for treasure hunters in Florida, so if you want to read my post and offer advice, it is welcome. I met some of you at the barbecue in Wabasso.

us
    Jan 2012
    Haines City, FL
    40 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Are you digging on the beach, or on land? Government property, State property, or Private property? Glad you made it to the Cookout. Dell

us
    Mar 2012
    332 times
    Cache Hunting
    It is on land. It is part of the I-75 right-of-way. Go to the cache forum for more detail. It is state property.

us
    Aug 2003
    East Coast
    99 times
    Bigdogdad, I sent you a PM after reading your post. You might want to read it and I also advise you not to discuss where your find is. And to those reading this, I am not trying to get involved in his find. I just think he needs to keep it quiet and not give out any details to the State or a Reporter.

us
    Mar 2012
    332 times
    Cache Hunting
    Old man, I tried to reply by PM to your PM. I am new at this. Let me know if you got it. The bottom line is this. The silver, assuming it is there, is on state land. It is a felony to dig it up without a permit. Robbing a bank is a felony. Stealing is a felony. If it was on someone elses private property, how many people on this board would tresspass and steal it. It is in an open area next to a major highway, I-75. Under the right circumstances someone could sneak in and get it. I am not interested. For more on this read my posts on the cache forum.

us
    Aug 2003
    East Coast
    99 times
    Like I said in my PM. I don't want any part of your Adventure. Good Luck. I just don't believe the State will give you permission and I would Never talk to a reporter.

Good Luck and let us know what happens.

nl
    Sep 2010
    14 times
    Bigdogdad . So you can see through the earth and detect silver . No gold or plarinum , but silver . It is a pirate treasure ? How do you know that . To me you are just making up a story to belong to the club . Cornelius ( grumpy )

Charter Member
    us
    Pirate of the Martires

Feb 2005
    Pinellas Park, Florida
    Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II
    166 times
    Shipwrecks
    Hey grumpy, this is a well known pirate camp site. In 1821 the U.S. Revenue Cutter Service USS Grampus chased a pirate frigate up the Manatee River where the pirates ran aground at this site and set fire to their vessel. The pirates escaped on horses with the aid of their comrades. There is historical documentation and we have the research. Treasure has been found here in the past.

Charter Member
    Aquanut

Jul 2005
    Orlando, Florida
    Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelis 816 View Post
    Bigdogdad . So you can see through the earth and detect silver . No gold or plarinum , but silver . It is a pirate treasure ? How do you know that . To me you are just making up a story to belong to the club . Cornelius ( grumpy )
    Cornelius,
    Don't be so quick to judge.
    Aquanut

us
    Mar 2012
    332 times
    Cache Hunting
    Cornelius, actually it is a buried UFO made out of the outworldly metal called plarinum. We have a similar version called platinum. I didn't want the feds to know. I was hoping to keep the alien bodies for myself. Just so you know, I have x-ray vision and I am also physic. These two traits make me very good at treasure detecting. I do so much want to belong to your club. Where do I sign up. Do I have to be grumpy too? Maybe I am not telling you and the rest of the"club" members every detail of what I know. I came on here looking for advice in dealing with the state officials. I knew that I would get a bunch of negative critisim. Typical of most clubs.

us
    Feb 2004
    lake mary florida
    Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
    54 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    BigDogDad,

Have you been reading the paperback book made by Frank Hudson Lost Treasures of Florida's West Coast copyright 1983?If so i wish you alot of luck in finding any treasure mentioned in that book.Cause no one else has ever found anything.Its all BS and the state knows it.
    Millions of dollars of Spanish treasure await those who would dare brave the eye of the hurricane.

us
    Mar 2012
    332 times
    Cache Hunting
    Fisheye, you seem to be quite the expert. How do you know that no one found any of the treasure mentioned in the book? Is it because they did not tell you about it? What makes you so sure that the state thinks the stories are BS? To be honest, my believing in this particular treasure site has nothing to do with any books. I have not read any of Hudson's. Read my posts on the cache thread. I am curious. Have you ever found a significant treasure? Are you even looking for any? I know what you will say. "If I had found a large treasure I would not tell you or anybody else". Now how does that fit in with your last post? I have lived in the area of where I think the pirate treasure is for over 44 years. It is a well known pirate camp. What you choose to believe has no bearing on the truth.

nl
    Sep 2010
    14 times
    Bigdogdad. It looks like I am not the only grumpy man on this thread . But if you still think there is something there I would use a 2" auger to test a few holes . Cornelius

us
    Aug 2003
    East Coast
    99 times
    Bigdogdad, Are you going to share what happened with your meeting with the State of Florida Today about your permit.
    Did they give you a permit ?

us
    Mar 2012
    332 times
    Cache Hunting
    I am trying to keep as much as possible on one forum. Since this is a cache in the ground I am trying to keep the discussion on the cache forum. They did seem very receptive today and said they would get back to me. For more details go to the cache forum.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors