permits

OP
OP
W

wreckdiver45

thankyou 1715, I hope permits are available soon!!!

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wreckdiver45,

I have a direct connection to obtain salvage permits in the Bahamas. If you have a project you are interested in working on down there and would be willing to take on a partner/diver, give me a shout at [email protected]

All the best... Phips

OP
OP
W

wreckdiver45

PHIPS

I have 3 intact ballast piles, never touched with a 1600's anchor nearby in very shallow water. what is the likelyhood of obtaining a permit for these sites?

wreckdiver45

OP
OP
W

wreckdiver45

a retired lobster diver showed me the sites for future consideration. He does not have the health to do anything with them now.

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any cannons?

OP
OP
W

wreckdiver45

yes.. from the few I saw, it appears they are all piled upon each other but dont know for certain how they are arranged or if the rest if any are buried under the sand.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WD40 (oh I meant WD45)... haha! Please email me directly. Thanks. Phips

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RioBravo and WD45... Maybe we could "join forces" and pull together an operation down in the Bahamas in the future. It sounds like some great friendships and adventures are being forged through this forum. Phips

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll dive from the Bravo with Joseph again anyday...I miss Tim's cooking already ;) If we have to work in the Bahamas, well...I guess we'll just have to suffer though it :D We also have an "in" with the Bahamas govt. right here on this forum. Joe, if you haven't already talked to Micheal PM me and I'll get the two of you in touch on the permits. See you soon!

Jason

OP
OP
W

wreckdiver45

less than 20Ft.
Im not being specific for obvious reasons.

diver420

Nov 1, 2006
Anything new on Bahama permits?
Does anyone have any contacts #'s for the Bahamas as far
as asking/applying for permits.
It sounds like Old Charter Salvage received a permit but if you look
on there website, they are having problems with the Govt. down
there.

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've spoken with a few people (in US and Bahamas) and to the best of my knowledge they still aren't writing any permits. Old Charter's permit sounds like a land excavation deal not a wreck site.

As far as contact numbers good luck - every time I try I get shuffled and transferred from one person to another to another without success, I've also never had a single email reply. You more or less need to know someone there that has connections and contacts. Good luck.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been attempting to reach wreckdiver45 but to no avail... if anyone knows how to reach him, I would appreciate the hook up.

I have government authorization to work wrecks in the Bahamas and am seeking to put together an operation with someone who has knowledge of worthwhile wrecksites to pursue down there and wants to form a longterm partnership. If interested, please contact me here first, then we can go from there.

Phips

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Phips,

I do not know anything about the Bahamas permitting process, but do I understand you to mean that you have obtained a permit without having to identify a potential wreck, or even a potential area of search ?

Thanks

Mariner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread