Prepare for a flood of side-scan images !!!!

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
I finally got the nerve to pony-up and purchase the Humminbird 987c SI that has the side-imaging sonar. Forum member "RGecy" has posted some of his amazing wreck images so it's pretty much his fault ;D.

I've been talking and talking about all of the wrecks in my area since joining this forum a few months ago. Well, shortly after I receive and install my unit on Thursday, I will begin imaging. I'm already building my website to post the images and of course I will be putting excerpts on this forum as well.

Mark my words folks...there will many fascinating wreck images coming your way soon.

Pcolaboy

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Pcolaboy, I tried to private message you but your inbox is full. Do you have email?

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I can't wait Scott! I know you have alot of wrecks in your area and I am sure you will be happy with the 987. Let me know if you need any help upgrading the software. I highly recommend buying a 512mb SD card to save your images on and also purchase the Navionics Charts for your area (if your wife will OK it!) Just buy her something nice for Christmas!

To help with the inbox issue I reccommend becoming a Charter Member. You get full access to all the features, 400 message inbox, a personal Gallery for posting pictures, and your own personal forum if you want it. Marc has done a lot to create an excellent site for us to come together and share ideas and make many friends. All that for $20 a year! Thats the best deal around!

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,12851.msg88441.html#msg88441

Good Luck,

Robert in SC

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
pcolaboy said:
Mark my words folks...there will many fascinating wreck images coming your way soon.
Pcolaboy

Cool 8)
Bring 'em on...........it'll help some of us thru a cold winter :P

OP
OP
pcolaboy

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
RGecy said:
To help with the inbox issue I reccommend becoming a Charter Member. You get full access to all the features, 400 message inbox, a personal Gallery for posting pictures, and your own personal forum if you want it. Marc has done a lot to create an excellent site for us to come together and share ideas and make many friends. All that for $20 a year! Thats the best deal around!

Good Luck,

Robert in SC

Agreed Robert. I just went through the Paypal process for the annual membership. I guess it takes some time for it to reflect on the forum though.

My unit is now on the local delivery truck. I stayed home today to await it's arrival like a new dad pacing the halls of the maternity ward waiting for a new child ;D

Pcolaboy

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the new toy. I can't wait to see some pics!!!

OP
OP
pcolaboy

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
YEEEHAAAAA!!!

I received the unit yesterday and I will be installing this evening. I took tomorrow off so I strongly suspect images of something will be forthcoming tomorrow (Friday) night.

My first target areas will be suspected locations of Civil War era ships but who knows what else may show up!!! 8)

Pcolaboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread