shipwreck for sale

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hi,

Recently I have read several times about 5 M shipwreck od Spanish galleon which sunk just in the front of small private island 2 kilometers from the Panama shore. The island is for sale now and it s announced that from time to time divers come up with gold and silver coins. Who buys the island, he buys the wreck, too. I consider it like sales bluff but, just in case, does anybody know anything about such a wreck? I can not find the web page but I am sure that the island´s name starts with "M".

Regards
Lobo

OP
OP
Bobadilla

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hi Seahunter,

I have not had time recently but in these days of Semana Santa in Dominican republic I will try to find out the name of the island and I will keep you informed.

Lobo

OP
OP
Bobadilla

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello Seahunter,

I found out the "Treasure island" you have asked for. It´s name is MAJAGUAL and I think that it is still on sale. There is exactly what was written about it:

Panama, Central America
Price US $1 200 000
Status for sale
Size 99 acres
Location Bay of San Miguel

Isla Majagual, Panama
Isla Majagual is located in the Pacific ocean, only two hours by boat from Panama City. She's a stunningly beautiful, 99 acre island of great biodiversity, including fresh water!
The property comes with title and has tremendous development potential for a worldclass fishing lodge and/or a very interesting eco-tourism resort. The island consists of more than thirty acres of flat land ideal for construction, bordering on three different beaches, one with surfing potential and another on a natural protected bay. There are seventy acres of forested rocky hills from where one has the most unbelievable ocean and mountain views. Building on the volcanic rocks is easy. Trails and hiking paths can be designed all over the island. The huge rocks around the bay can be easily connected with wooden bridges for the ultimate "survivor" experience. Ten minutes by boat will take you to the fishing village of Chiman where local fisherman sell their fresh fish and seafood straight from the boat. In Chiman, you can find a 24-hour police station, public phones, a medical post, a small school and 4x4 or offroad motorbike trails into the forests and mountains.
Isla Majagual is located relatively close to the famous Tropic Star lodge (Bahia Pinas) where world records have been set fishing Sailfish and Black Marlin. The beautiful Pearl Cays are only 45 minutes away. Panama City is a 35 minute helicopter flight away, or 2.5 hours by boat.

The island was used as a base of attack on Spanish treasure ships by pirates in the Spanish colonial times. the Spanish treasure galleon San Jose sunk on June 17, 1631 nearby the island and divers still pull up gold and silver coins - two thirds of its cargo is still uncovered.

Nearby on the mainland, in the bay of San Miguel, where Vasco de Balboa first encountered the Pacific Ocean, one can discover old ruins of Spanish forts. Close by live old Indian tribes, still living the way they lived for thousands of years. Visiting these tribes is always an amazing experience. The island is also an ecoparadise with many bird and plant species to be enjoyed. There are spectacular sightings of whales and dolphins swimming in the Pacific. The island has freshwater sources.

I hope I could be of some help,
Regards,
Lobo

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
)(*&#$%!*_*%$ Now WHERE did I put those Lottery Tickets???? Boy, sounds like Heaven almost.

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can I be the caretaker?

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Lobo
I would like to plan a trip to check it out. Maybe you and Chagy could join me. Do you have any contact information for the person who is selling it.
Scott

OP
OP
Bobadilla

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the invitation. These kind of expeditions always put my blood preassure high! I will hopefully meet Chagy in person in the following days so I will definitely discuss this matter with him. We will be in touch. I know nothing more about this property but I will try to check out all the possible ways and I will let you know.

Regards
Lobo

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
if 600 of us all threw in 2000 bucks we could buy this....And sell MD trips to it...Build a cheesy lodge and charge people by the week.

hmmm.... I may be good for a few shares

crzhors

Oct 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse,Excaliber,Pulse8X
Well,being from Panama recently,If it's being talked about now,then it's gone.This country is moving real fast these days...But it sounds like the Mosquito Coast is the next place to be,Hows about hunting for Drake's Coffin?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread