What would happen !!!

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would happen if someone dives down finds alot of coins and only reports ½ the finds ?? will the coins loos value or what .. i am sure it happens and that someone just dont wnat to give the State ½ the finds or what ever the % is ...

The reasun for this question is simply that i read in a news paper from Denmark that someone got there house reided by the cops and they found over 600 old roman coins, the police later found out he had given the museum in Copenhagen 400 coins that he had found and had gotten the reward, Danish state law says all that is older that 100 years belongs to the museum so he broke the law, The coins is now safly in the museum and the guy did NOT get the reward for the last coins from the Police raid.

USTiger

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mostly the country would have ownership of all the coins or artifacts within it's waters. Unless you have a permit to dive on a certain site then the country still gets a cut. Someone from the agency involved is aboard durning that time to catalog all finds.

At least this is as it was a few years ago when I was involved.

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am sure they cant keep track on all divers,, but i do hope people is hornest enough to report findings,

USTiger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread