wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We, the moderators of TreasureNet, work very hard to maintain what I believe is the best Treasure Hunting web site in the business. Recently we have had some controversy on this site, that has resulted in some very harsh words being exchanged between some of our regular contributers to this forum. Normally, the Shipwreck forum is the least troublesome Forum that I, and my fellow moderators deal with each day.

Recently, I have been accused by some on this forum, of playing favorites, allowing some of my friends to cast insults without challenge, and immediately deleting others at will for the slightest infraction. I have been accused of censorship by deleting threads that I disagree with, without warning or explanation. I have also been accused of leading the forum in a direction that is not what some of our members think that it should be.

However, you must understand that TreasureNet Forums is ultimately, only as good as the people who contribute to it. We have folks from all over the planet, and yes! A couple folks from off world as well. They all contribute something every time they post a message or thought on these pages. Those thoughts and opinions are as wide and varied as the people and locations that they posting in this public forum from. Yes! A public forum and I as a moderator will not discriminate against anyone because they are not as educated as I think they should be, or because they are a foreigner, or just because they have a different mind set or opinion than me.

One thing that being in the US military for over 30 years has taught me is tolerance of others, and respect and understanding of the many different peoples and cultures that I have encountered along the way. All I ask is that each member of this Forum try to do the same. Have a little consideration for others, and if you have a problem, please report the post to the moderators. However, remember that there are only three moderators for all of TreasureNet, so don't always expect that the issue you have will be resolved immediately, or even on that same day.

Respectively Submitted

Tom

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very well Put Tom, Nothing much I can add.

Except I don't remember any posts ever being removed
simply because the opinion Expressed was Different then ours.

When a post is deleted it is done for a reason.
Sorry we can't contact everyone involved, but
it would be too time consuming. however
rest assured, IF we have a problem with someone
in particular, We do grace them with a reason.

Most of the time it isn't the person.
it's the continued responses the post gets,
that tell us it's only going to get worse.

JEFF

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Wreckdiver & Jeff

Thanks for the great job that all three moderators do. I'm not sure who the third moderator is that's why I did not address him/her. I have never had a problem with a post here or have never heard that the moderators have favorites. I have submitted a few post that were a "little out there" in my views and the posts were not deleted. Keep up the great work.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ron.

PBK is also a Moderator here.

And, although MARC is Administration,
He is also a Moderator.

So actually there is 4 of us ;)

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Tom & Jeff, you don't have to explain your actions. You guys are doing a great job of moderating this forum. Treasure Net is responsible for bringing together a diverse group of individuals like no other. There will obviously be some conflict but the freedom we have here to express our opinions is what makes this forum so popular. Keep up the good work!

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To the Moderators of Treasurenet
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for creating this website and what it has become. The times that were enjoyed on my wrecksite this past year were as a direct result of this website. At least ninety percent of my dive partners came from this site. I have had the opportunity to meet some of the finest people I have ever met and share the best adventures of my life with them as a direct result of this site. Tnet is the best.
Thankyou for everything you do.
Seahunter

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Moderators are people, too. We have our likes and dislikes, our ups and downs, and our own particular qualities and quirks just like anyone else. However, as the newest member of the team, I've tried to keep mine firmly in check, and I know that the other moderators do as well. Deleting a post or issuing a warning isn't something we do lightly. Everybody— and I mean everybody— receives the same respect and consideration.

Most of all, I'm here for the same reasons you are: to have a good time, meet some new friends, share experiences, and learn all I can. And I'm going to do my best to help keep it that way. ;)

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hey guys! All I know is that each time I've had one of my posts deleted, I understood exactly why in retrospect. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread