WORLDS RICHEST WRECK

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Very good condition coin. Seems like a land find, but you never know.

Claudio

Apr 29, 2007
My professional view is that, considered the smuggling is impossible to determine which is the richest shipwreck. In the Spanish galleons the smuggling reached 400% about the official load. Advance hypothesis about the richest will be pure speculation.

vintagesailor

Jul 4, 2007
Anyone interested please email me, I have outside knowledge.

I live In the Florida keys and have many friends among which are some who have more extensive knowledge amoung certain shipwrecks after decades of research.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6 months and still no permit?

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Voldbjerg said:
salvor 6 said:
What is the worlds richest shipwreck? Not the San Jose. Not the Flor de la Mar. There is one that stands far above these treasure wrecks.

Salvor youre right. Follow this link and read the last sentence of the article: http://www.spiegel.de/international/1,1518,429119,00.html

If an aircraft carrier sink because it is overloaded with buillon, then its got to be the richest wreck in the world ;)

/V

Yeh, but a theory is not the same as a proven manifest. The last sentence says. One theory is that it sunk because it was overloaded with stolen nazi war bullion.

You'd have to dive to find out. Lots 'O money to spend for someone's theory.

Can't be the richest until the cargo is proven to exsist.

teszamarine

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentleman contrary to several comments posted, I've searched the Serranillas between 1992 and 1995 with proper government permits, and have collected evidence that artifacts dated from the early 1600 were found in the area along with 16 canons dated from the same era.

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Serranillas

Gentleman contrary to several comments posted, I've searched the Serranillas between 1992 and 1995 with proper government permits, and have collected evidence that artifacts dated from the early 1600 were found in the area along with 16 canons dated from the same era.

In Serranillas have sunk about 60 ships in the Spanish colonial era. Very difficult to determine who is who.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Where you with Joe B. ? or with Don Mckay?

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Were you with Joe B. or with Don Mckay?

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey old man, do they claim to have found one of the 1604 fleet wrecks? That would be an almost impossible task. I would be very interested to know what general area the cannons were found. Here is why. I heard: A friend of mine claims to have found the Santo Domingo from the same fleet. He salvaged it for 4 years before the moratorium and found artifacts that match the Santo Domingo. It is located N. of Memory Rock in the Bahamas. He said the Spanish lied about the location of the wrecked fleet to keep pirates from easy pickins in the shallow waters of the Bahamas.

Bahamas Spanish Shipwreck 2 Escudo Doubloon Gold Coin 18k Necklace

This the one?

OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
No, thats not the one. That coin came from Seville. It is also listed as a Phillip IV coin. Phillip IV reigned from 1621 to 1665.
Since I originally posted this thread in 2007 I did some more research with a noted archival scholar and we believe the Santo Domingo is not wrecked on Seranilla reef or an island off Nicaragua. It is somewhere else.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread