GHOST SHIP UPDATE:

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Well my friends forgive me if I seem a little depressed and pissed at the same time.
I just got word from a FRIEND who works for the State.
He seems that last weekend there was a group of students from the U of F looking for mastadon bones in the area of my GHOST SHIP. To make a log story short they found the remains of not one but two ships in the marsh in the mud. As he understood these ship went down in 1843 and were commercial English ships. They found a bell.
My friend knew that I was searching this general area.
He told me to watch my step because the State is doing flyovers by helecopter and taking photos and that they intend to look over EVERY BOAT that comes and goes under the guise of seeing if you have any ILLEGAL FISH ::) and if you have any metal detecting devices you may have a serious problem.
So much for my GHOST SHIP.
You never know what tommorow will bring. But the good part of this whole thing is that I have other projects and the bad part is the money that was pissed away.
Live and Learn
Peg Leg

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don, I don't ask this to piss you off. Did you ever file any of the permit application forms for your site?

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Yes Sir, I did .
But never received an answer or much of anything else.
Last night I was very upset but today is a NEW DAY and I have other projects to take care of.
I can tell you one thing for sure-It will be a long time before I apply for anything else from the State of Florida.
Right now I have 4 seperate project and all are on dryland with only two water projects.
I have learned a valuable lesson.
NEVER discuss a project on an open forum and NEVER NEVER discuss ANYTHING with someone you have never met.
This does not mean that I will stop asking questions here or anywhere else for that matter. The answers are out there especially here on this forum.
Have a GREAT week everyone.
Time for me to get to work.
PEG LEG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread