Maybe the divers know,...

aleman

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Hello everybody,
Does anyone have a Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2? I read some real good reviews about it, but I havent heard about it on treasurenet yet? Well, I ordered my MD already and I'm sure it's not the wrong one (can't wait till it get's here). But I just wanted to see if anybody has one, and what you think about it. I want to hunt mostly on the Beach, out and in the water and diving aswell.
thanx guys,.... aleman

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
RGecy has one and it works great.....Very good MD...

Chagy......

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Aleman,

Congrats on your Sea Hunter purchase. For the money, I think it one of the best detectors around for underwater use. It is simple to use and is deep seeking. I have mine configured with the 8" mono coil on the short shaft for underwater use and the 10"x14" coil for beach and land use.

I am currently building an underwater probe for my Garrett. If it works like I hope it will put those Fisher 8x Probes to shame. It certainly can also be used for land use as a pinpoint probe. Eventually, I hope to have a switch box installed so I can switch between the coil and the probe on the fly.

I'll post some picts as I get further along.

Robert in SC

OP
OP
aleman

aleman

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Thank you Robert,
I thought that somebody must have one. It sounds like I bought the right one for my use. Is there any tips and tricks with the Seahunter? And I was wondering at what highth you swing your coil? I read in an online manual that its suposed to be 1 to 2 inches, but then there is aways the talk about using it as low as possible.
I hope the Seahunter gets here soon,.... should be at the beginning of the week :)
Thanks a lot guys....... without treasurenet I would have ordered a different one.
aleman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread