Taffi Fishers Quest

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Taffi Fisher's Quest

Greetings THers- It has been suggested that the Fishers could
hold some sort of "Free for All" beach and shallow water fiasco
for charity since they've made so much money.
Taffi Fisher, Director of the Sebastion Florida treasure museum and administrator of contracts for salvage of the 1715
sites controlled by the Fishers, has been very active in worthwhile charity causes; Her son, Michael, age 15, at school in Sebastion, died at recess from a heart failure about 3 years ago. Since then, she has been extremely pro-active in seeking
funds and support for making sure ALL Florida schools have
emergency defibrillators to save other children in these circumstances. Contact the Mel Fisher museum in Sebastion,FL
for infomation, or to help with a donation.
I just thought that I'd point this out....I havn't talked with Taffi for a long time, this is just my 2 cents. I've seen her on the 11:00 news recently regarding this subject, and since JVillehunter suggested a charity event.....well....it seems to be
in order. Mike

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Re: Taffi Fisher's Quest

Mike,

Actually Michael died just last year on March 10th. Here is link to Michael's story on the Mel Fisher Web Site.

http://www.melfisher.com/home/michael.asp

The "Michael Abt Jr. Have a Heart Foundation" was set up to help prevent this type of tragic loss and I can't imagine the hurt and anguish that family must have endured. I have two sons and could not imagine the loss of either one. They are my inspiration in life.

Robert in SC

OP
OP
S

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Re: Taffi Fisher's Quest

Amen, Robert......I stand corrected on the date of this tragic event. I actualy woke up thinking of it, and posted half-asleep.
(let this be a lesson...) Anyway, thanks for posting the link, and
let me tellyou, I'm with you, if this happened to myson, I'd be a basket case for sure. Thanks again. Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread