any one interested in some vero --riomar florida area spots to check cords?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if so merry christmas---and please remember me when your rich---here they are 1 known spot ---7 possibles ---known shipwreck site spot is 27-39-08 N X 80-21-04W ---the possibles are as follows first lat N then long W in degrees ,min and sec ---273832n x 802105w---273830 x 802104--273828 x 802103--273824 x 802100--273822 x 802058--273819 x 802057--and last but not least 273816 x 802056 ---P.S. you'll need to sub contract with mel fishers group---NEVER EVER go on a "known" leased dive site area otherwise. its against the law--and you will be headed to jail quickly---for you beach folks--stay out the water & and off the dunes & private land---dune foot to waterline only --the beach area is from riomar golf course toward vero beach.----I thought folks around here would of course know this but better to put it in print for the "know not" visitor types---I would not want folks to get in trouble nor would I condone or tell folks to go illegaly on a leased site --hope I've made myself clear to eveyone. good luck --Ivan

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I can picture all the chuckleheads setting sail this morning, as they double check their GPS units and dive gear.

Anyone here old enough to remember the movie It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World?

;D

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I got the movie on Netflix a few months ago, and it was just as funny this time… I went out to L.A. and it’s amazing how all the beach’s have changed. What was once vacant and peaceful…

You don’t need sails set to get to the above coordinates… an inner tube would be sufficient…

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be the Rio Mar site, a.k.a. Nuestra Senora del Carmen. Enjoy.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
most shipwreck spots are shallow many ships cracked up only 20 or less ft deep

most all the treasure wrecks vessels were shallow in draft 16 feet or so alot of them broke up when hitting a reef or bottom at around that depth--- check out all the known wrecks and the depth that there at. a weekend warrior ---small time hunter ---good chance / odds play to check out "hazards or other odd depth "bumps" at around that depth range" in my veiw. and don't laugh at the weekend warriors / little guys---kip was once one and mel too. good luck ---Ivan

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All those numbers fall within one of the Fisher Lease areas.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
So be sure and paint your C number on that innertube! Don't want the fishers getting PO'd.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Funny Grub...If ONLY I could GET a lease from Texas on those sites. LOL. We need a change in power down here...BAD!

Jason

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
:) The REAL question is are there any GOOD politicians that care about whether or not all those artifacts ever see the light of day again. The Texas A&M guys make a trip to Padre and work a few days on the sites once a year. These are students...so they go over relocating the site, re-mapping the wrecks, and then spend about a day bringing up artifacts which they go "practice" their preservation skills on. The govt. here will tell you they are protecting the cultural resources...but in truth they are letting them rot away on the bottom of the ocean. Don't get me started on Texas...there's a reason I'm moving to Florida. :D

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Troublemaker! :D My philosophy...leave no pot unstirred. LOL

When I'm walking the shores of Vero Beach after work, and diving every weekend on the Fisher Lease, I'll forget all about Texas and it's over-zealous historical society. If there's one lesson to be learned here, it's that one bad apple can indeed ruin the bunch. I mean that on both sides of the issue, the idiots who destroyed the wrecks illegally with no regard for history or preservation, and the archaeologists who over-reacted with ludicrous restrictions and laws. Even the other archies at the University of Texas think we are wasting a great opportunity by making the wrecks completely untouchable.

thepirate

Dec 20, 2006
Uk
Detector(s) used
Whatever some nice pirate will loan me!!
Long live the land of the free!! Much as I love your country , you're putting a 21st century slant on the bureaucracy the Brits gave the world 200 years ago!! As an airline captain its the only nation in the world which I have to have a visa to even fly into..and then I still have to go through all the usual immigration checks and snide comments. Wouldn't it be fun though - no permits but Ouzis at dawn!!!!!!
Seriously guys ..don't dive something you aint supposed to be - especially being from Texas , Jason!!! Enough of my bitching - sorry all but some of us have to go to Lagos tomorrow!!! If you've been there you know where I'm coming from. Suppose if anyone from immigration's monitoring this then I've gotta expect the rubber glove treatment next time I'm back...just hope they use lube this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread