Women Key info

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Benny,
99.9% of the people that followed the original woman Key post, know that Deep Blue Marine Inc. is the company working that site. They also know that there are not tons of gold on that site.

OP
OP
B

benny

Thanks. Just feelin' my way around. I scanned some of the posts concerning Woman Key and saw where someone had attached Amelia to it. Didn't see a website for Deep Blue posted.

Rusty Sailor

Feb 26, 2007
OK, so if they know there is no gold or silver, do they expect to find important artifacts beneath the ballast stone pile they found? Do you know what images of importance they see with the side scan? What are they going after there?

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A big pile of investor's money??? I dunno

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
gdaddyflex got it right. Investors money. Rusty Sailor I suggest that you call the CEO of Deep Blue and ask him what balast pile ? I know he reported that they found a ballast pile 130 foot long. I also know that that isn't true. I left Key West last week and the the Deep Blue divers told me that they were more then disappointed that Wilf reported a ballast pile 130 foot long,when all the divers found were 4 or 5 ballast stones near ballast key, which was outside their permitted area.

I can also tell you that the side scan images that were taken in area that was an old WWll Navy bombing range.

Rusty Sailor

Feb 26, 2007
So, the side scam images could be scraps of old navy or WW2 equipment? I was told the side scan has proved to be accurate. Didn't they mention finding a cannon and another anchor with the side scan?

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Rusty said "Side Scam" :D :D :D How appropriate....

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
that was a great Freudian slip
;D

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
I consider myself fortunate to have gotten out of that investment--my first TH one--with only a 25% loss. The education gained and resources found, e.g. this place, were worth it.

Rusty Sailor

Feb 26, 2007
yes, very Freud :o
LOL
see how our sub-concious mind works.

Hey Admiral, thanks for sharing the pictures of the coins you found. Where did you pick up those book ends? You should share them on the forum here. They look very old and rare.

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
RS, I'll probably post the 1864 2-cent piece and the '09 Indian Head in the Best Finds forum here as soon as I figure out how you do pics locally. There are some heavy-duty coins over there, though. My two first-year finds will look kinda shabby in comparison.
The bookends I got 'remotely' from an auction house in Maine that I got connected with a couple of years ago. Thanks, they're cool-looking, but I think their sort of bronze bookend was fairly common from 1900-1950. The baby shoes bookends that were the rage in the 50's are similar.
Suckers are heavy, though. I'll ask the auction fellah how old he thinks they are.
Maybe I can make a pic of one of the bookends my avatar... Hmm... I like that idea.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I have almost identical bookends to yours. Found them at a flea market. Looked them up in an antiqe book and they are from around 1920 and list for about $175. I paid 10 bucks! ;D ;D ;D

Robert

Rusty Sailor

Feb 26, 2007
I've never seen anything quite like them, that is why I said they look rare. I see you have the pic under your name Adm. I have not figured out how to do that yet.

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
RGecy said:
I have almost identical bookends to yours. Found them at a flea market. Looked them up in an antiqe book and they are from around 1920 and list for about $175. I paid 10 bucks! ;D ;D ;D

Robert
Wow, thanks! Instant appraisal! Gratifying to have guessed right on 1st half of 20th century.
Mine were 20 bucks + 3 bucks auction fee + 15 for shipping and insurance. I still did okay, given your info plus my main criterion: "I wanted 'em".
The bookends and a 1600's Dutch ballast stone are in my bookshelves with the History stuff and look great.
And thanks to Rusty Sailor for inquiring about them, or I wouldn't have learned anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread