Spanish Fleets

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Using the same method of Chaunus (information with Statistics), various Spanish authors have published important work. These are:
Lutgardo Garcia: El comercio español con America (The Spanish trade with America) (1650-1700).
View attachment 1036994

Any chance this book is translated to English? Or available (any language is better than none) for download/purchase? I don't speak Spanish, but that's never stopped me from trying to google translate the gist of things.

I need the years from 1680s–1690s related to the Manila treasure ships. (Not just wrecks.)

Thanks for all the great info here!

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any chance this book is translated to English? Or available (any language is better than none) for download/purchase? I don't speak Spanish, but that's never stopped me from trying to google translate the gist of things.

I need the years from 1680s–1690s related to the Manila treasure ships. (Not just wrecks.)

Thanks for all the great info here!

I don't know if you are going to find a download...it may even be tough to find a hard copy for sale, but if you happen to drift up into Georgia for any reason, the library at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro has a copy of El Comercio Espanol con America. You could scan the pages and then convert the scanned images into something like a PDF file which you could then translate digitally.

I would call the library and get them to hold the item before you took a road trip, though. Sometimes obscure books have a way of disappearing from a library's inventory...

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You could scan the pages and then convert the scanned images into something like a PDF file which you could then translate digitally.

Thanx! I'm the queen of scanning to PDF!

OP
OP
Bum Luck

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if you are going to find a download...it may even be tough to find a hard copy for sale, but if you happen to drift up into Georgia for any reason, the library at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro has a copy of El Comercio Espanol con America. You could scan the pages and then convert the scanned images into something like a PDF file which you could then translate digitally.

I would call the library and get them to hold the item before you took a road trip, though. Sometimes obscure books have a way of disappearing from a library's inventory...

Prof's like to squirrel them away; good luck even finding them then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread