OP
kenb

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Thanks TR, that explains alot. I thought it odd that a Spanish frigate would be in the Long Island sound in 1752.

kenb

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
kenb, or anyone else, if your interested I sent some people up there last summer to check out the beach and they uncovered a cannon. If anyone wants to check the site out, I can put you in touch with one of the guys that found it. PM me.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Also, any of you guys in the local area over there....I met a lady at a treasure presentation in Florida that had a map that her grandfather had painted for her....nicely done, he was an old Navy diver and has a lot of wreck sites listed on it, even labeled it a treasure map. Some of the wrecks are well known, but a few I'd never heard of.

Everyone at the presentation just ignored the poor old lady because it wasn't a Florida map, so Tom and I wisely took several hi-res photo's of it and got the story behind it all. Anyone who is seriously in the area and actively hunting, I'll work something out for a copy of your immediate area or something. It may not have anything you guys don't already know about, but it certainly had several that I wasn't aware of...not that I'm all that well studied on the area.

Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread