heavy lifting

capt_t

Dec 27, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
I don't say much in here, about what goes on with some of the vices that some people have with other members. I have read many great topics about shipwrecks, (recovery,research,or just ideas) I feel that this forum is all about people that have the same intrest discussing the same topic, weather he/she is right or wrong. I just want to get back on the topic of shipwrecks.

Which brings up this picture, bet this rig can lift heavy cannons, or chest laden with gold ;D
Was brought into the marina today, I know its not going to be used for cannon recovery, just got me thinking...

Peace out
capt_t

Attachments

• 169019220229_290.jpg
    169019220229_290.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 307

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
Looks to me as someone is going into the dock building
business. Was there any leads on the barge?

The barge is too narrow to do any amount of lifting off
the side making it extremely limited. And it won't go in
the ocean without an ABS certification and load line.
Plus the tug boat must have the same inspection. Very
expensive just to pick up cannons.

Dinkydick

OP
OP
capt_t

capt_t

Dec 27, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
right on the money dinkydick, was just trying to spark new intrest....by the way i washed boat and found your card,,,,,still have the maps you wanted

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they're in the salvage business, they're going to need someone the first time they swing the boom.

Tigershores

Greenie
Sep 10, 2006
Capt t,

The, Polly-L, a vessel contracted to work my site has a 20 ton crane on the forward deck. It is also equipped with a twin thrust blowers from a cruise ship mounted in a metal cage which we can lower to the sea bed and generate slow to fast speeds for generating propwash 1' from the sea floor. We can open a hole 30' deep and 50' wide in approximately 15 minutes a full speed. No mail box for me thank you. We can also lift 1-50' off the water and stay at sea for up to 5 weeks without returning to shore. We generate our own power and have all the comforts of home. It is amazing. See picture.......

Dave Jordan
Managing Member
Tiger Shore Recovery, LLC

Attachments

• Amelia 091906 003.JPG
    Amelia 091906 003.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 298
  • Amelia 091906 003.JPG
    Amelia 091906 003.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 304

Voldbjerg

Feb 9, 2006
If you want to move canons, why cant you do it the same way that they old ships moved their achors by skiffs. That way you could move it into shallow water or even better to a jetty or bridge where a road crane can lift it out of the water. But remember that a canon is a major conservation commitment.

I think cornelius posted some illustrations showing how warping(?) is done.

/V

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Dave,
Now that is a SERIOUS RECOVERY RIG.
Is this the same rig that stopped in Titusville some weeks ago?
SEAHUNTER this is the type rig you are going to need in the near future and you to SKIMMER.
Love this rig.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
capt_t

capt_t

Dec 27, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Tigershores, yes the polly-l is a sweet craft, where do you have her sitting high above the waves at? Are you finding any "treasure"
capt_t

Tigershores

Greenie
Sep 10, 2006
Peg Leg,

The Polly-L did stop north of Titusville in early Feb. We arrived on my site Feb 14th. The captain let me run her out of the Ft. Pierce inlet down the coast to my site. It is a cruiser at approximately 5 knots. Then we stayed on my site for about 3 weeks. Now she is North of Ft. Pierce working another site till I get my modification to my contract complete allowing us to use a blower. Will return to Tiger Shores in June.

Capt T.,

Thought you would appreciate her. She is nothing short of amazing........

Dave Jordan
Managing Member
Tiger Shores Recovery, LLC 8)

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave,
Welcome to T net. Congratulations on your project, it sounds like it was a long time in the making. I wish you success with it. Hopefully your patience and persistence will be rewarded.

Regards,
Brad

Tigershores

Greenie
Sep 10, 2006
Brad,

Thanks for your support. I also have support from some of the best in the industry including Doug Pope of Amelia Research & Recovery, James Sinclair (Archeologist), Dr. Eugene Lyons, and many others that would take to much time to list. The Stuart News, Palm Beach Post and Miami Herald have done a great job following all the latest in my quest.
You can go to GOOGLE.COM and type "David Jordan Shipwreck" in the search bar to see alot of the latest articles. Enjoy the search with my team of professionals.

I have included a picture that I value greatly of me with Rex Stockard from the Real Eight Group from Feb. 2005. What a true professional.

Thanks again,

Dave Jordan
Managing Member
Tiger Shores Recovery, LLC
"Bringing back the past for everyone to enjoy" ;D

Attachments

• Amelia 091906 016.JPG
    Amelia 091906 016.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 241

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While your waiting for your permit modification this would be an excellent time to do some research. Talk with other people who have done what you wish to do and learn from their mistakes. You need to be careful, one mis-step can cost you dearly. This is a small community and I think you'll find that others are willing to help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread