My unknown wreck

ryan cidlowski

Greenie
Jun 1, 2012
st.pete bch
Detector(s) used
jw fisher x8, jw fisher pulse 10, Aquasport 24' 1988 Trojan 13meter express, Baja sportjet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Florida Keys my unknown wreck my father found in the late 70 's still untouched I hope. 20141114_120212.jpg

Last edited:

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok... And your point for posting this is?

OP
OP
ryan cidlowski

ryan cidlowski

Greenie
Jun 1, 2012
st.pete bch
Detector(s) used
jw fisher x8, jw fisher pulse 10, Aquasport 24' 1988 Trojan 13meter express, Baja sportjet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I apologize will never post anything again!

OP
OP
ryan cidlowski

ryan cidlowski

Greenie
Jun 1, 2012
st.pete bch
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just looking for help with this wreck but I will never post anything again, thanks.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ryan, you never asked for help, you just made comments, there is a big difference.........

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pictures do not look like any ship wreck artifacts. Did you find them ? What are they? A little story to explain what you are saying and showing helps. These guys are astute and know ship wrecks so help them out and they will try to help you.
Good luck!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I wasn't really sure what the original post was about when it first went up.
Honestly to me it seemed like a brag of my father found an unknown shipwreck in the 70's I hope it's still untouched and I ain't telling anyone anything, neener neener!

Again just my honest opinion of how I read it. Hence why at times I use my Internet disclaimer about my intent when I post...
which still gets me in trouble hahaha.

ANYWHO....

Cool Ryan, who doesn't love a mystery and a shipwreck mystery is even the best!!:thumbsup:

So the picture looks like some old spikes, fittings-maybe...

From your profile it looks like you have an adequate fleet of vessels to go on an adventure to see if the shipwreck is where you might remember it to be and to find out if it is possibly untouched.

I know I'm a buzz kill to many of the "pirates" but I can't afford not to follow the law as I would lose my privilege to find treasure as a professional. Some of my postings about the law(s) might have unwanted attention from the powers that be, but hey I'm legally allowed to express my opinions (for now anyhow).

So I'd take a nice dive vacation down to the Keys and enjoy the warm clear water.
If by some odd chance you stumble upon a shipwreck in an area where your father found one in the 70's (not really so odd as there are tons of wrecks) explore it within the law. If you believe you have something that would be worth money and time to dig deeper into (pun intended) follow the legal channels to do so.

I say this because not all old ships are treasure ships. Not all old Spanish ships are treasure ships, but they could still have "treasure" on them and of the ship material itself.

I would think the last thing someone would want would be a whole mess of legal action against them for some ship that is for the most part debris on the bottom of the sea.

We use a saying when we're dealing with mechanicals and inclement weather or for any reason when we can't get out, "The treasure ain't at the dock!" ... Well sometimes there is but that's a different story!

So go have an adventure and if you don't mind sharing, many of us like to follow such stories and you will find there's some pretty darn smart people here on Tnet that could help out in many ways.

-Cheers

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ryan... No one was trying to be inconsiderate... We just didn't understand what your post was for... I, like AU_Dreamers felt like it was a "brag" but if you want help with "your shipwreck", just ask bro... Many on here are happy to help. I personally am quite familiar with the Keys, its history, and historical shipwrecks of this area as I lived down there previously and will again in short order. If you would like some assistance, I would be happy to help you out...

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest that this thread be deleted before someone says something that might hurt his feelings.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest that this thread be deleted before someone says something that might hurt his feelings.
I suggest members post by the rules and stop trying to insult other members...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions