New 1715 Fleet Book

Gitschlag

Aug 7, 2011
Brandon, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett SeaHunter MkII, Minelab Xterra70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are there any copies still available? It is sold out on Amazon and I'd love to get my hands on one!

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The 1715 book by Crook & Westrick is a great reference tool. It has already helped me with my own research. You can tell they put a lot of time into compiling all of that information. THAT was $20.00 well spent. Tom

silverking

Jun 13, 2010
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks to those who PM'd me.
I've now got a copy on order directly with Mr. Westrick himself, whom I should have contacted directly to begin with.

I have other Robert Westrick titles in my library currently, and all of them are well researched, well written and highly enjoyable reads.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
My PM to the author wasn't answered so I found another source and the book arrived. It is very well done!

The only problem is now I'll be spending money acquiring the books, magazines and auction catalogues I don't already have...

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

silverking

Jun 13, 2010
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I don't think Robert is on this forum as much as he once was, and thus likely not reading PM's with any regularity.

Rob's books are excellent, brilliantly researched, and extremely well written, some of the most enjoyable reads on shipwrecks and treasure hunting I've ever had the pleasure of reading.
For the 1715 Fleet, the Rob's comprehensive bibliography will likely prove to be (as comprehensive bibliographies are) my most valuable book on the 1715 story to date.

Last edited:

silverking

Jun 13, 2010
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Forgot to make a note here that Rob fulfilled my order and forwarded me my copy, and "WOW" - what an unbelievable reference work!

I can't imagine undertaking research on the 1715 Fleet without it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread