F.U.N. Convention features 1715 Fleet - January 2015

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The Florida United Numismatic Convention at the Orlando Convention Center starts January 8th.

2015 FUN Convention | Florida United Numismatists

Not only is it the "biggie" of the Florida Coin Shows, this year the 1715 Fleet loss will be highlighted.

Florida State Museum Exhibit will be Booth 129 featuring artifacts from the 1715 Plate Fleet.
The 1715 Fleet Society will be at Booth 225.

On Thursday January 8th there are 2 Educational Seminars on the 1715:
11:30 - 12:30 "Loss of the 1715 Plate Fleet" by Ben Costello, director of the 1715 Fleet Society. Room W224A
4:30 - 5:30 "A Sunken Ship is a Time Capsule: The 1715 Plate Fleet Wreck by Peter Cowdry, the educator in residence at the Museum of Florida History in Tallahassee. Room W224A.

Friday Jan. 9th is the Sunken Treasure Literature Club meeting from 1-5 pm in Room 224F. This year I expect there will be many of the salvors in attendance and new books to be introduced. One will be the hot-off-the-press "Rainbow Chasers Tricentennial Yearbook" by Terry Armstrong and Tommy Gore.

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
So glad I overcame my stupidity about parking & made it today! It was wonderful meeting authors at the book club & hearing about the great works people have published & are working on.

The booths look great too. I almost bought a coin I can't afford I was so impressed!! :o)

OP
OP
captbonnie

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Tammy - sounded like you have some big news of your own - Can't wait to hear more - there was so much info and talk and meeting/greeting at FUN - keep us posted on your work!

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks, Bonnie.

I hope to make a "formal" announcement after I speak with my producer on Monday. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you at F.U.N., but I did talk with your mom a bit. I love her!

Tammy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread