Tommy Thompson: Fugitive treasure hunter arrested by U.S. Marshals in West Boca Raton

sandman03

Apr 14, 2013
treasurecoast fl
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cant believe he was in boca,sodium penathyl will show where he hid what's left and I'm sure there's plenty,a dummy he's not

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally found his greedy ass.
Sheesh I would have thought he was in Belize or Costa Rica or some other far off place...
Guess he was looking for "more" heh.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah... he will post bond in gold coins... heh

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will be interesting how this will all play out...
In actuality I will be surprised if they even give him a bond...
Due to the obvious flight risk...
In the end he will do time for this...
And pay restitution to investors...
Now with media involvement... they will set example of him.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
now for the real reason the govt's after him --not for the investors MONEY LOST but the "taxes" due on it --the govt wants to know wheres the loot and wheres OUR CUT? --THEY WILL JAIL HIM TILL HE COUGHS IT UP -- COUNT ON IT..thats the "grubbermint" at work...due to "flight risk" --I'm sure bond will not be given ..

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So... "Kemper"... heh
Since you have stacks of cash and gold...
Um... how would you like to be an investor...
I found a Coca Cola can the other day from 80's...
I am hot on trail to finding the bottling plant.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
un look on the bottles bottom and use the yellowed pages .. I have a "secret map" to the plant that can be had for a price...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sadly many so called "treasure hunters" have found that its easier to milk "investors" and sell books than to actually find treasure .... sad but true...its often like the movie "the producers"...

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Tommy Thompson: Fugitive treasure hunter arrested by U.S. Marshals in West Bo...

But then there are people like Aquanut. Darren and "the old man" that balance the " so called's'" nicely.

There are many more good guys that I haven't had dealings with, so please forgive only mentioning these 3. Please list the good guys in posts it would be great to hear what positive stories there are out there,

I'll start

Darren in NC gave me his shipwreck and research library for free.

Last edited:

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It is only a handful of individuals and companies that give the industry such a negative reputation. I'm personally very glad to hear that Tommy's fiasco is finished. Stories like his make it substantially more difficult to get an honest and dedicated shipwreck hunt financed. Things like this are also where academics get a lot of their ammunition against private sector salvage. Every time ONE of us acts like this, it sets ALL of us back. At least that's how i see it.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hard for me to reconcile the thought of how much effort and innovation went into finding and recovering the wreck versus thinking he could get away from 'facing the music' by not paying his investors. The power of greed, perhaps.
Don...

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
un look on the bottles bottom and use the yellowed pages .. I have a "secret map" to the plant that can be had for a price...
Forget pop bottles! I've got a lead on Tommy Thompsons treasure map! I'm looking for investors to recover it. I figure about $3,000,000 would just about cover the recovery any takers?:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: If that's beyond your budget $3,000 will get you a honest to goodness copy of your very own:laughing7::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read on the Christian Science monitor site that Thompson and his girlfriend have been living in a suite at the Boca Hilton for the last two years....

At $300 per night (that is the base rate at that Hilton), you are looking at $200,000 just in hotel room fees...

Thompson's argument has always been that there's no money left from Central America...that the lawyers got it all...

And yet, Thompson was not independently wealthy.

He's been living pretty high for a broke treasure hunter !!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read on the Christian Science monitor site that Thompson and his girlfriend have been living in a suite at the Boca Hilton for the last two years....

At $300 per night (that is the base rate at that Hilton), you are looking at $200,000 just in hotel room fees...

Thompson's argument has always been that there's no money left from Central America...that the lawyers got it all...

And yet, Thompson was not independently wealthy.

He's been living pretty high for a broke treasure hunter !!!

So not only he is a greedy swindler... but a stupid ass one as well.
I mean... new definition to the word dumb should have his picture.
Real easy to spend someone else's money.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep political comments not related to story out of forums per our rules.

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread