Nuestra senora de la concepcion

Voldbjerg

Feb 9, 2006
old man said:
A few years ago. I received a non-ferrous reading about the size of a quarter of a football field and went down and uncovered a silver bar. Found out it was a National Park and was told that it would be hard to get a permit. I've been saving the money to give it a try, but now I'm going to wait until a new President is in power.I hear the current one is anti-American.

How come a seasoned researcher mount a search in a National park? It seems like a waste of money :D

V

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the national park hes talking about is not in the states but foreign country---still very tough but with a change of power sometimes things and policy "changes" esp. in south america having the "right" freinds is the key---welcome to the 3rd world me amegio.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Voldbjerg,
It wasn't a National Park when I first started this search and it didn't happen overnight. It took me 17 years of research and divng to locate the first silver bar.
I would also like to point out,that the Spanish called this Island Cano and then changed it's name to Ilsa de La Plata.
Is it Drakes Silver ? I don't know, from my research., I think it is, but that's just my opinion.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
about when did they change the name and who was "behind" the changing of it ? it could lead to important information.

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
Well if old man researched and dove for it for 17 years before he found it, and it was not a National Park when he first started diving the site, then with that much time and money invested, I believe the old man.

Voldbjerg

Feb 9, 2006
old man said:
Voldbjerg,
It wasn't a National Park when I first started this search and it didn't happen overnight. It took me 17 years of research and divng to locate the first silver bar.
I would also like to point out,that the Spanish called this Island Cano and then changed it's name to Ilsa de La Plata.
Is it Drakes Silver ? I don't know, from my research., I think it is, but that's just my opinion.

That makes sense. Still a lot of money spend :(

Better luck next time.

V

badbrains

Apr 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
surfmaster pi pro
Fascinating! I wouldnt say its so much about spent money. Its about the LEGWORK.
Awesome work Oldman.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread