Dived some cannons near To San Salvador......

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
super cool!!

you should get back there and get a coil over every sq inch!!!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow man! That is incredible! Was there anything else you saw with them? Think you may be onto something? Ill pack my mask and fins and head on down if you say the word! Incredible! How old do ya think they are?

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BVI is gonna be JEALOUS now!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sent this to a pal who is working with Brandon Clifford / Haiti - he said " if its the capitol of El Salvador, forget it. If he dove off the ISLAND of San Salvador, then I NEED HIS EMAIL ADDRESS"

(I did not add the capital letters!)

Sads - where was it?

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing footage my friend! Whats the next step for you? Kind of a iffy area down there polictally, have to approach with a little prudence I suppose. Looking forward to you're next posts! Best of Luck! JR

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats Kevin on a great find! I would bet that the modern wreckage is unrelated but still could be a valuable find by itself. Now, if you can just get San Salvador to enact a Treasure Hunting/Salvage Law in the favor of Treasure Hunters, then you might be set for a great score. I agree that BVI is probably jealous but he probably coined the term "sewer pipes" to keep your' find off the radar of the scallywags.:dontknow: By the way, was this related to the Ships Bell story?

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
JR,
I am primarily a Treasure_Hunter, not a Salvor, 6 guys have gone to jail here over the years and I don't plan to be number 7. I am just interested in finding all the wrecks I can and let the Archie's sort out everything else......

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
No Frank, but it would be neat to find it now you mention it, or the waitress ha ha

BVI, it's on the very northern part of San Salvador ( Bahamas) which probably suggests something came South on their way over to the East in very deep safe water, or so they thought........

Doc, keep giving BVI some hassle, thanks.....

Last edited:

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No Frank, but it would be neat to find it now you mention it, or the waitress ha ha

BVI, it's on the very northern part of San Salvador ( Bahamas) which probably suggests something came South on their way over to the East in very deep safe water, or so they thought........

Doc, keep giving BVI some hassle, thanks.....

Will pass that to my contact in Haiti!!

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Winds breaking here next week, I can get up there then.......

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! I would love to explore the area to see if there are more cannon or other items.

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I know the thrill you must have had seeing the cannons there! What a rush! Do ya think you could get a discovery fee in some way? Cannons alone are worth plenty! I guess you must have some sort of contacts already. Finding some sort of ID is kind of difficult if ya cant raise anything though. Ya got to recoupe for your time invested. JR

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If I take all the video I plan to shoot up to Nassau on the 2nd of April I can then let the Archie's sort it out from there.

I found a sailboat recently so that's all the treasure money I need this year.....I am going to make two more trips before then to try to ID the wreck.

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Holy cow man! That is incredible! Was there anything else you saw with them? Think you may be onto something? Ill pack my mask and fins and head on down if you say the word! Incredible! How old do ya think they are?

I gotta go with Smithbrown who is an expert on age, but he PM'd me some things to look for to see if they are before or after his 1730 date......I am going up there this coming week and will report on his requests for info.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread