Smart move for right person

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retired commerical fisherman who needs to start a up a honest no secret, low cost, hard working search and small recovery operation in Mass. I work for peanuts until recovery time. And theirs tons and tons of wrecks here. For the cost of hiring a search team to search a couple of targets . You could hire me for a year of searching. Have lot to offer the right person. My Brother-in-law is still a inshore commerical lobster fishing. His dad and brother were offshore fisherman. These high traffic wreck area's are mostly unexplored. Knowing the area as I do and putting in the time. You will find important wrecks sites here if you put the time in. Up to 10,000 ships a year traveled this area at it's high point,plus rum runners,smugglers,whalers. Theirs one fort settlement and two sea taverns along the shore here also. Safty regulations had to be put into place after so many people kept getting killed for stupid reasons in these wrecks. Thats when towns people started recording shipwrecks around here. So besides known shipwrecks. Their are many many unknown wrecks here as well. With a seafiring history as well as forts,beach taverns,rum runners, and a blockade. Alot can be had here. Being first with the right gear is also very important. Also hand full of coins have showed up on 4 different beachs locations around here. [National seashore now] My exwife's family has a puzzel that was done in quil pen of this area. It showed viking ships crossing this area and were heading to the main land. Whats needed is a complete dependable sea skiff set up for single man[or two man] operation. A good researcher[crew] would be very, very useful here??? Gas money, plus $100.00 day for myself. Worth talking over. So for someone who has the gear needed to get this started. The only out of pocket for backer is boat cost and myself until wrecks are located and checked out. Lets talk!!

Last edited:

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Frankie, nice wish list. I think you might have to do a little more research to make it a treasure hunt. ie... a list of sunken treasure wrecks that sank in your area? I don't think any sunk that far north, but I could be wrong. I wish you luck.

I'd like to start a horse ranch out west. If anyone has any land and horses they want to give away? I'll take them. $200 pay a day would help too. I could then look for any buried treasure that may be on the ranch and I would split it with you.

Seriously Frankie, if I ever hit it big? I will take you up on your offer. At the very least you will find some good wrecks to dive on for some big lobsters and who knows what else is there?

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Old Man, as long as you promise to stay there....your on. The cheques in the post!

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like Frankie has found something,,, least to me anyway.

Trust me Frankie,,, if I did have a ship large enough to do this type of work,,, I surely would be PMing you.

My lil Carolina walkaround just ain't gonna take no cannons weight,, hehheh

GOOD LUCK,, but if I do hear of an available vessel looking for a "job" , I will for sure be in touch.

Hit

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Frankie is a good man, and can be trusted. One of the few in this biz that can. He's fair, and has a great attitude. I've worked on and off with him for years off Cape Cod.

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wouldn't believe what I here while metal detecting. Ran into two different people at different times. Each person gave me a clue to this pirate treasure story that I've been looking into. This fisherman was going to meet his girlfriend one night but ran into pirates unloading treasure on the beach. This guy rebuired the treasure and got coins as needed. His friend was a tailer and made runs to n.y. where he traded in the gold coins so as not to blow his Friends cover.Anyway the guy dyed but told his friend where rest of money was. He Had no family. So I'm hoping to check out this small underwater area myself. Area is about 1/2 mile long 1/8 wide if that. Easy drift dive in 10ft or less.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good luck, make sure and cover every yard...post what you find it will help with your very generous offer above.

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No cannons yet. I'm to old to be a newbe. 61 But have your fun with me. This outdated treasure atles I have, told me where a monument was located at. This monument was for the unfound pirate ship whidia. Anyway years later Barry found the Whidia right off the monument. Man how easy can it get. So I kind of believe whats in this book. Looking for one small chest of gold. Believe other chest was spent. Small tresure.HA HA But I just got two very important clues for this tresure this summer while metal detecting. But A good case of rum from the rum runner days and some coinage could get my attention. I also have a wreck that has been fished [Protected] and named after my brother in laws father. Very old wreck.

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, make sure and cover every yard...post what you find it will help with your very generous offer above.
I know where their a marble mosaleamon in 50 ft of water. How much can we get for that??? apart or together price please. See I already have my ducks in a row. I have the mosaleamon plan for my help. Plus rum from the rum runner days. The help will be ll set if their not drunk. I don't drink!!!! Ha Ha just trying to be funny. But I am to good to the help.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Best way to get people's attention with this is a quick down and dirty find, then post it and watch your inbox fill up.

All it takes is a post with photos.....or of course don't ever post again and I for one will know you " did good"

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That is quite a list Fisheye. Thanks for the link. Are you going to the cookout this year?

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Fisheye, outstanding post! I wish I was " up that way" I certainly would go look with Frankie ha ha.......

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a book by Edward Rowe Snow called Storms and Shipwrecks of New England. I think it was originally published back in the 1940's. Anyway, the book has an appendix with a very long list of shipwrecks in the area with their names (for the most part, though some are unidentified) and very general locations. I think Rowe had something to do with the lifeguard service somewhere in New England. Anyway, this book is not going to lead you right to a shipwreck, but it might well be a fruitful place to start research into a particular vessel---and there are some vessels listed by Snow that are very obscure. I believe the book is still in print, but I am not sure the new editions contain the shipwreck list appendix, so beware which edition you buy.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had someone recently tell me they just got investor backing, also quickly got a job lined up in the Philippines. Not only that, I think some more diving lessons or maybe certification is in the plans.

Apparently most investors want to hear the magic word, which seems to be "gold bars" strange how it works.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hows the horse ranch going? The pirate ship whida was found. Their was a plack at the wreck site for years before Barry even found it. Now how easy was that wreck to find? Barry couldn't have had it any easier than that. Theirs one pirate wreck. Pirates in maine and even up to oak island. Their are ships here. In fact they only started recording wrecks after to many people dyied from wrecks because of not having safty regulations.Theirs is just as many unknown wrecks here if not more as their is known wrecks. Never mine the money smuggling,rum running,forts,treasure stories,shore robbers, ect. 10,000 ships a year went thru here at it's high point. The over sea ships hit our shores and then hed north or south. Home to the second biggest whaling port in the world and it goes on. I hear you. I have my own story i'm following. Looking for pirate chest that was rebuired and storm took it. Guy saw pirates bury treasure while waiting on girlfriend. Rebuired treasure. I know where both lived and direction I need to go. It's in the water now.

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wrecks just sitting their

Durning the winter I metal detect the beaches. The sands are moving offshore and uncovering wrecks all the time now. I can see them just off the beach with google earth. These are the beach spots I'm going to start hiting with my metal detect . Better odds than the lottery. Just one coin or artifact could lead me to unknown treasure or be priceless. Priceless is alot lighter! Ha Ha So many wrecks have started to show up the last couple of years which got me thinking. Their's a unknown wreck worth 3 billion that hasn't been found yet and the other pirate ship mary ann which was with the Whidia. So i might just get lucky. Just passing time till spring.

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the help. Don't need a horse farm. But I hear ya. Just need a new computer. Ha Ha Know of Snows book and know of new england divers. Snow visited these wreck sites. All the recorded wrecks you see around cape cod are recorded very well. It's the unknown wrecks that aren't recorded. And theirs as many unknown wrecks here as their is known wrecks here. Never mine rum runners and money smugglers,or shore robbers. So knowing the history and lay of the land helps alot. If things get any worst here. I'll want a game plan. Want to work not sit and get cob webs. Theirs wrecks to be had. Everything is worth something to someone these days. Our oceans are the furture.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Thanks for all the help. Don't need a horse farm. But I hear ya. Just need a new computer. Ha Ha Know of Snows book and know of new england divers. Snow visited these wreck sites. All the recorded wrecks you see around cape cod are recorded very well. It's the unknown wrecks that aren't recorded. And theirs as many unknown wrecks here as their is known wrecks here. Never mine rum runners and money smugglers,or shore robbers. So knowing the history and lay of the land helps alot. If things get any worst here. I'll want a game plan. Want to work not sit and get cob webs. Theirs wrecks to be had. Everything is worth something to someone these days. Our oceans are the furture.
Frankie, I don't have the horse ranch yet, but sads669 told me the checks in the mail. I guess if I don't pi$$ into the wind, the check will be good.
Seriously, I know Darren and he says your a good man. That's good enough for me. If we hit it in Ga. This summer, I'll stake you. Good Luck.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Old man, I sent the cheque to your Panamanian address, I hope that's right?

Ps , need a dive slave for Georgia?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread